Friday 28 March 2014

Artful Crafts - Wings and Water Challenge

I have concentrated so much on stamping of late, I decided I needed to get out some paper!!

I purchased some 12x12 papers of Teresa Collins 'Daily Stories' recently and one is covered in all these gorgeous 1inch circles with pictures and text. I sat there for half an hour cutting them all out with my circle punch, which fitted them perfectly!!
I chose these three circles so I would have one butterfly and two with similar colours. I used another 'Daily Stories' paper for the flowery background strip and then added a strip of vellum to soften it a bit. I popped the circles on to foam squares and added Wink of Stella to the stamens in the flower.

Its so different from what I've been doing lately but was so nice to go through all the gorgeous papers I have stashed away. Came up with an idea for the latest 'Cure for the Monday Blues' Challenge this morning (in the shower of course!) and that involves a bit of paper too!

Been another very hot day today and I'm exhausted. I did a gardening job today for a woman with little ones and she doesn't have time to look after the weeds etc. So went straight after dropping kids at school for what I thought would be maybe 2 hours of easy weeding. After 2 1/2 hours I still wasn't finished and had to go back at 1.30pm for just over another hour, in the boiling sun. My hands are so sore.......

But at least I will get some pocket money for it, wonder if I will spend it on craft products??...mmmmmm........

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment