Sunday 23 March 2014

Addicted to CAS #34

Had quite a lot of fun last night trying out one of the techniques I have learned in the Online Card Class. Have decided that even though my ink pads aren't the best, I will use them anyway and can practice the techniques until my Mama Elephant ones arrive.

The Code Word for the Addicted to CAS Challenge is 'Luck'. I only have one stamp with the word 'luck' on it, so at least my choice was simple there.
I used a technique that Laura Bassen taught about overlapping the stamp images. I had alot of fun doing this and even though I didn't have the colours I wanted, I think it still turned out ok. I even used my wonderful Wink of Stella on all of the solid little star stamps to give it a bit of bling!

I used the sentiment and star stamps from Hero Arts 'Year round Sentiments'. Will definitely use this style of stamping again as it makes such a lovely effect and you can do it differently every time!

I have also decided to enter this into the Lawnscaping Challenge   where their style is 'Clean and Simple'. And will also link it to the SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge where their challenge is to 'Glitter It' and they are using Wink of Stella alot!

Beautiful sunny day here today. Just been at skatepark with Max for an hour. He is 7yrs old and heavily into scooting and skateboarding. Went twice yesterday. Gives me a chance to sit down with a pen and paper and write out my 'to do' list and even a few card ideas.

Take care
Shona

5 comments:

  1. Shona, I like this card a lot. It is clean and original. My kind of card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - all your stars look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Shona, I love the layout and your stamping is fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, and sweet, and a CAS one layer wonder!!!!!
    I think you should also link this CAS Card to our CASology Challenge this week: LUCKY!!

    http://casology.blogspot.com/2014/03/week-88-lucky.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous cascade of stars, Shona ... love the mix of clear, solid and stripes ... and the shimmer is fabulous! I can never get it to show on a photo, you've done it perfectly here! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete