Sunday 30 March 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #10

What a busy night I had last night!! I worked on cards from 9.30pm till 1.30am and have 3 cards to show for it (which means one card per hour...need to speed up my design process!!).

The photo inspiration for the Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #10 is really pretty.
Isn't this a beautiful bedroom?? I knew that people would probably be drawn to the gorgeous orange and pink bedcover but for me, the first thing I noticed was the floormat (in my favourite colours) and the beautiful blue and white paper under the shelves. I just knew I had papers that matched these perfectly.
I had also just purchased a metal die from Couture Creations that was nearly the same pattern as the floor mat. I desperately wanted to do a shaker card again but have it in the die-cut shape. What a disaster! I cut 8 pieces of cardstock in the shape but of course when I layered them, the cardstock around the edges didn't match up. So spent ages trimming (and swearing) and it looks okay from afar. Have now realised if I want to do this again, is to make the box with a rectangular frame and put shape die-cut on top. Much easier!!

The paper underneath the shaker box is from Teresa Collins 'Save this Date' which I thought matched perfectly with the shelf paper. The next paper layer is from the same paper pad and has similar patterning to the floor mat. I used Teresa Collins sequins and also some from The Warehouse. 

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge as their theme is 'Transparent'. Have never entered this challenge before but thought why not.

Max is dying of starvation (as only a 7yr boy can who only ate an hour ago.....) and wants some lunch. Will rustle up something and then come back to post my other two cards.

Take care
Shona

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Nice job Shona. Shaker cards are fun. Love the colors you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant and fun at the same time, Shona ... such fabulous colours! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shaker card and so very pretty. Thanks so much for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog… :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you picked out the rug and the floral wallpaper and created this card with such a soothing palette - I love that everyone gets something different from the inspiration! Your selection of papers and patterns is just perfect! I feel for you with that die cut frame but I'm so glad you persevered as the end result is a fabulous shaker! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the delicate tones of your card - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete