Friday 28 March 2014

Online Card Class Practice Card

I sat up till 1am this morning playing around with my stamps and ink pads. I had some good results and some not so good. 

On one card I tried using a small rectangle stamp in different colours, down the right hand side of a card (had seen Laura Bassen make a card like this). Unfortunately I couldn't get the ink to stamp perfectly or get my lines to meet up so it was a fail. However Max is going to a birthday party tomorrow, so stamped on a birthday sentiment, threw on some sequins and tah-dah, one birthday card!!

This is the other card I tried (with alot more success) that was based on a card that was shown on the last day of the Online Card Class by Julie Ebersole. 
I tried to find some post-it tape the other day but no-one seems to know about it. So ended up sticking some washi tape on some pieces of copy paper. The card Julie showed had the stamping in the middle of the card in a rectangle shape but I decided to go all the way and take it top to bottom.

The stamp colours are of course Mama Elephant and the sentiment is one I received yesterday by Kaisercraft in a set called True Friendship. My craft store was having 40% off all their Kaisercraft products (except for recent releases) and I found this and two other similar sets for $4 each....what a bargain!!

Will link this to the Online Card Class Gallery now and it will be my last card for the class. On Friday March 28th (which is today for me in NZ) they will have a wrap up session for the class. Have really enjoyed it and learned quite a bit. Can't wait to hear what the next class will be!!!!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what fabulous colours with all these yummy hearts, Shona ... the 'randomness' is brilliant (I know they're not really random, they're perfectly placed) and the sequins are a sonderful finishing touch! You're right, funny how we both used vertical heart on the same day! To answer your question about my heart strings ... the stamp is just 4 hearts at different levels with dots for the strings ... I stamped it 27 times (eek!), sometimes doubling it to get a different colour from the same ink pad! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete