Sunday 23 March 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #9

I get ideas for cards in the funniest of places. This one arrived while watching my dogs digging a hole down by the river, trying to get to a very large water rat. The rat got away but my idea stayed.
I decided I would concentrate on the stripes and also the colours brown, red, light blue and white.
This was a bit more fiddly than I expected (maybe because I was trying to do it at midnight last night....). I attached a slightly smaller white cardstock to the card to show the white on white in the back of the inspiration photo. I decided to glue the papers onto white cardstock to give them a bit more support, and then placed them on foam squares. I left white strips between them that refer to the stripes in the inspiration photo. 

The stamp is from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments', the brown paper is Lawn Fawn 'Into the woods', the red heart paper is Lawn Fawn 'Peace Love Joy' and the light blue paper is Carta Bella 'So Noted'. 

I decided not not add any embellishments either because I thought the bedroom was very simply decorated. 

Hopefully this isn't too simple for the challenge but was quite fun to do. And now I have the photos close together, I can see how my card does reflect the furnishings...whew!

I've decided to also link this post to the Lawnscaping Challenge
as their challenge this week is Clean and Simple. 


I love how people interpret photos differently and if you have a look at the entrants for the Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge, you will see that most people have gone with a nautical theme. My card might stand out for the wrong reasons......

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. Shona, this is an superb example of simple pleasure. What a pleasing card to look at. It is hard to get tired of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love how you interpreted the inspiration so differently - that's the beauty of a photo inspiration challenge and why I love them so much! Your colours are perfectly selected and I love the placement of your strips too - almost feels like a wave! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fabulous CAS card!! thank you for playing a long with us at lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card! That would be a great layout to use leftover patterned papers! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is standing out for all the right reasons, Shona ... what a brilliant choice of these fabulous colours from the inspiration photo! I'm in catch up mode ... expect a few visits! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete