Sunday 9 March 2014

Cure for the Mondays Blues Challenge # 7

I didn't realise I had so much yellow patterned paper! I was telling my Mum yesterday about the challenge and suddenly had an idea for the card but didn't know if I had the right yellow paper. Turns out there was no worry there!
The yellow scared me but I was instantly drawn to the pale wood egg cup, utensils and tray. I wanted to have a card that represented the wood, some yellow and also the tiny bit of green plant in the top left. And also my black ink would be for the gorgeous black moustached egg!


I found the papers quite quickly but spent ages trying to get the angles right. I even found the yellow paper with feather patterns and then realised there is a feather in the inspiration photo too!

The arrow paper is from Teresa Collins 'Memorabilia', the yellow paper is Lori Whitlock 'Here and Now' and the green is from Lawn Fawn 'Into the Woods'. I really like how it turned out. Was a bit worried as I nearly didn't have enough foam tape to pop up the arrow paper (must start buying that tape in bulk!!).

Will link up right now as I missed out on the challenge last week. You really should check it out. The other entries at the Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge # 7 really are incredible and its becoming more popular.

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. You've captured the essence of the inspiration picture perfectly, Shona ... wonderful DP and I love all the gorgeous angles and the clean font in the sentiment! Awesome! Thanks for your congrats on the Moxie shout out ... was excited, honoured and awe struck all at the same time! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you echoed those angles with that awesome mix of patterned papers! Such a great idea and I'm glad the yellow didn't scare you away for good! ;-) Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...gorgeous...gorgeous! I love your amazing angles on your card and your combination of patterned paper is perfection! I know what you mean about the foam tape, I have a huge roll that comes from a home improvement center and I am always amazed as to how much of this stuff I really use, it is fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great energy to your card, Shona! Love it. I use mat board or chipboard (the stuff at the end of paper packs) to pop up any large panels. I like that it never leaves any lumps (like when you don't use enough foam tape and the panel gets flattened around the tape) and it's fairly cheap.

    PS, I'm 40 and still talk like I'm 16 ... we should form a club : )

    ReplyDelete