Thursday 6 March 2014

One card, four challenges!

Well, I've certainly never done this before! I sat down last night with my scribbled list of card challenges and when they finish. As I sat there looking at the new Teresa Collins papers I had received, I started getting an idea for a card. After the card was finished, I realised that I could put it towards 'four' challenges, which are:



Number 4 challenge is at Moxie Fab World - Happy for Hexagons Challenge

I can't believe that I've have organised my brain so well to do this, with one card....must be all the chocolate I've consumed lately!!

So this is my 'Four challenges' card:
The 'peach' paper is from Teresa Collins 'You are my Happy', the gray stripe paper is from Teresa Collins 'Save the Date'. The silver/gray washi tape is from Papervine. The enamels and sequins are also from Teresa Collins.

Almost forgot about my hexagons! I recently watched a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire about stacking diecuts to make them stand out more. So decided to try this with the hexagons. This is a brand new die-cut from Couture Creations. I stacked 3 hexagons in white cardstock and then put a hexagon in paper from Teresa Collins 'Save this date' (which has tiny hexagons all over it!!) on top. Was very fiddly but so worth it! And of course I then used my Wink of Stella for some sparkle!

So, I've covered being 'peachy' for Curtain Call Challenge 'Perfectly Peachy', I have my hexagons for the Moxie Fab World - Happy Hexagons Challenge, I have a few different shades of gray for the CAS-ual Fridays - Shades of Gray Challenge and have followed the sketch (for the second time) for CAS(E) this Sketch #66. Blimey, this post has turned into a novel.....

Can see now why I have done separate cards up till now! I'm buggered just writing this post!!

Going outside now to watch Max on his skateboard. He is getting bored now so he must be getting better. Tomorrow will be a catch-up on everything day with both kids at school, I hope!

Just realised, I now have to link this post up four times.....might have a rest first...

Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful mix of patterns. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hexagons and the chevrons are perfect together. Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick! Get me some chocolate -- I need some of your mojo! I saw your awesome card at Curtain Call and wanted to comment. Your hexagons look great against the paper and the Washi tape. I like how you've combined four challenges into one card. Truly amazing--I don't think I could do that...not without chocolate, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, Shona ... that's what I do ... I call it challengitis!! And yes, chocolate does help! Great partnering of the chevrons with the hexagons ... and such sweet sequins ... fab! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...don't you just love it when one card can be used for so many challenges! And your card is just so sweet. I love the paper you used and do I see a bit of shimmer too? Too bad I am not a chocolate lover, other than M&M"s, do they count? Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card Shona. Love the pretty papers and the blings. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card! I really love the shimmer! Fantastic design! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the hexagons!

    Thanks for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adore it, Shona!

    ReplyDelete