Thursday 6 March 2014

Retro Sketch Challenge #104

What a busy evening I had last night. Yesterday I had both Max (still sick) and Phoebe home from school. Phoebe developed what looked like Chicken Pox on her shoulder but it didn't spread any further. Looks like she is just having a reaction to the pool chlorine (which has happened before).

So I was DYING to do some crafting last night (instead of all day Lego....). Yesterday I had some craft goodies arrive. An online craft store Scrappin Patch was having 40% off all their stock, so managed to get my hands on some Teresa Collins papers and sequins. I got a 6x6 pad of 'Save the Date' and 12x12 papers of 'You are my Happy' and 'Daily Stories'. They are all gorgeous and couldn't wait to start playing with them all!!

This is the sketch for this weeks challenge. It was great to try something like this as I don't usually do much layering, so decided to let go and enjoy it.
Sorry about the shadow in the photo. I was trying to take it quickly with Max behind me, constantly asking me to play with him.....

All the papers used are from Teresa Collins 'Save the Date' 6x6 pad. The papers are just beautiful and so are the patterns. I can see this pad being used up very quickly! The sequins and enamel dots are also from Teresa Collins. It was a very nice sketch to do and liked that it didn't take up all of the white space. 

Max is begging for lunch, so better sign off. I have another card to link up as well that is for 3 challenges! And I must have look again at the other cards linked up to this Retro Sketches Challenge , they are incredible!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Très jolie carte ! J'aime beaucoup la douceur qui s'en dégage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card despite all the interruptions! haha LOVE hearing stories of the little ones. So hard to get time for yourself when they are small. But I still miss it. :)

    I especially like the colors of your card, really charming.

    Happy Retro Sketches!
    Tam Hess http://www.cardmakingartists.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Shona ... beautiful soft, feminine colours and the most perfectly placed bling! Way to go doing this whilst being in demand! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, cool cards here on this blog, this one is a particular favorite. Love your style and your creativity! I would love it if you stopped by my blog - daisiesgirl.com. I found your blog from the Moxie Fab Blog Roll - I am on the list as well - some numbers away from you as Taunya Butler! Hope to see you!! :)

    ReplyDelete