Saturday 8 March 2014

My first Shaker Card!

I seem to have become addicted to the colour 'peach' after making my card for the Curtain Call Challenge - Perfectly Peach. I spent all of yesterday thinking about a new card design and couldn't wait till I had time to sit down and make it. I even knew exactly what papers I wanted to use, which is very rare for me.
I have become completely obsessed with my new Teresa Collins papers. I purchased five 12x12 papers from the 'You are my Happy' collection and could already see in my mind that the card would use two of these. 

It certainly was rather fiddly making the 'shaker' part and there is probably and easier way. I die cut the frame 4x and put acetate under top peach frame. Unfortunately I then found it wasn't high enough (my shaker wouldn't shake!) so cut some thin foam strips to pop it up. 

I used sequins from the same Teresa Collins collection plus large light peach ones from 'Daily Stories'. 

I absolutely LOVE IT and it turned out exactly like the picture in my head. And Phoebe and Max can't stop shaking it, they think its awesome!

I finished it around 11pm last night and decided to sleep on it with regards to adding a sentiment etc but decided this morning that I would let the 'I love you' paper speak for itself.


Very overcast here today, hoping it will pour down with rain. Everyone is pretty healthy, so life is good. I have one more card to make this weekend for the Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge, the inspiration photo is mainly yellow and white. Yellow isn't a colour I'm drawn too but either was peach, so will let my brain do its thing!!

Take care
Shona

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first shaker card, Shona ... way to go! This is awesome ... love the sequin colours you've chosen ... and I think it's perfect without a sentiment ... you're right the DP speaks for itself! I made my first shaker only a few months ago and couldn't stop wanting to shake it everytime I saw it! I used foam too for mounting the frame and had the same issue so I doubled it up and got shake! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...how fun to make your very first shaker card! And it is simply amazing too. I love your choice of patterned paper too, so sweet and your confetti is just the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fun shaker card :) Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute card Shona. Love the sequins inside the shaker. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!
    Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete