Sunday 30 March 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #129 and Colour Throwdown #285

I wanted to try entering some other types of challenges and found Freshly Made Sketches and Colour Throwdown  through the blogs of some of the designers I follow. As it was very late last night, I decided to see if I could combine the two into one card.

I don't do many layered cards these days, so was nice to do that again. Its not very often I use green or brown in my cards either, so was good to get out of my comfort zone!
This took a lot of playing around with paper pieces but really like what the result was. The patterned paper is from Teresa Collins 'Save the Date' and the brown strip and green paper is from Echo Park 'This and That'. I had this die cut shape leftover from my shaker card (on previous post) and thought it would be perfect for this card. I stamped it with a sentiment from Kaisercraft and outlined with a black gel pen. Pearls from Kaisercraft and enamel dots from Teresa Collins finished this card perfectly.

It was great to use colours not normally my style so will definitely do this colour challenge again and the same with the sketch. I have so many gorgeous paper pads, I need to be using them!!!!!

Now to link up card no. 3!

Take care
Shona

 

4 comments:

  1. Love the pink as the accent color! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've combined these colours beautifully with the DP, Shona ... love the scattering of pearls and enamel dots around the die cut sentiment panel! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Shona! I think Pink and Brown are one of my favourite combinations! Love the pearls! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination of the challenges! I love your damask! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete