Monday 15 August 2016

Waffle Flower Challenge - August

Hi everyone, I hope your week is starting off well and you have lots of crafting time to look forward too! I'm popping in with my inspiration card for the Waffle Flower Challenge for August!


This is the inspiration photo for this months challenge. The colours are so fresh and Summery and I love the beachy feel of the room. I decided to gather up all the colours and layer them together:


Lots of die-cutting for this one!! I used the largest circle from the Flower Circles Inverted Dies on a piece of wood veneer paper (from Papervine) but instead of separating the two pieces of the die-cut, I kept them together by adding washi tape to the back. I then grabbed some white CS and different coloured paint chips and die-cut them using the Lacy Flower Mats Dies. While I was die-cutting I also die-cut some more wood veneer paper with the Celebrate die, and twice more from white CS. 

The different layers were all adhered together and popped up on foam tape on the card front. All of the 'celebrate' die-cuts were glued together and then to the card. I then covered it with LOTS of Wink of Stella to give it some sparkle. The rest of the sentiment (from the Congrats stamp set) was stamped on a strip of white CS and adhered with foam tape and glue tape to keep it level. All that was left to do was add some clear sequins (from Pretty Pink Posh) and it was finished!!





You have until August 25th to link your project to the Waffle Flower Challenge  and the rest of the Design Team have some inspiration projects on the blog for you and there will be more next week. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

4 comments:

  1. FABULOUS take on the inspiration photo!! The medallion is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Shona! So cheerful and pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never fail to wow me and you just did it again. The colors are fresh and the addition of the woodgrain is purely brilliant. Just a great sense of style inborn into that hot body of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Coni! and a whole bag of WOW from me! Shona! Just gorgeous! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete