Monday 1 August 2016

CASology Challenge # 208

Hi everyone!! Had some time to make a few cards today that all turned into absolute disasters! Was so upset at missing out on a challenge I really wanted to enter but none of my designs would look like what was in my head, so I had to let it go. However.....




I have a little pile of images that I coloured a few weeks ago just sitting and waiting for their chance to shine. I was determined not to be defeated by my card making abilities today, so when I remembered the challenge at CASology this week, I knew I had just the little guy for the job:



We don't have racoons in New Zealand and I've heard they are a pain with rubbish and disease but these racoons by Mama Elephant ('Rowdy Racoons') would be welcome at my house anytime!!

Talk about CAS!! I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in black, added some shading with a grey pencil and popped the racoon (coloured with pencils and fussy cut) on top of it with some foam tape. Done!! 

Time to get the kids in bed and read with them, my favourite time of the night. Will then crawl into bed myself I think, catch up on what everyone has been doing on Instagram and read a few magazines. I think a few peanut M&M's will be involved as well. A great start to the week!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. Perfectly CAS and very wise words! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No raccoons in Bermuda either, Shona, which is probably why I think they're so awesome! :D Your card is awesome too - love that cutie on his bike! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How were the M&M's? Hope they didn't interfere with your sleep. Tell you what, think I smell a winner for this challenge. The image and sentiment are just so on point. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How were the M&M's? Hope they didn't interfere with your sleep. Tell you what, think I smell a winner for this challenge. The image and sentiment are just so on point. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, raccoons can be a nuisance! ;) The baby ones sure are cute though!
    Love this little critter and the sentiment is wonderful!
    Thanks so much for joining us again over at CASology!

    p.s. Don't you also have no snakes?!! Those I could certainly live without!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a fan of raccoons but you got a really cute one here! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona stick with the stamped kind, you'll have to trust us here, okay? This guy is just as cute, and won't give you any diseases! You've executed the cue just perfectly! LOve your design, and that sentiment! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete