Wednesday 10 August 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 206

Happy Wednesday everyone, can't believe its already the middle of the week!! Its been freezing cold here of late with huge frosts in the mornings but the middle of the day is really hot, so its very confusing for the flowers, animals and us humans.




Its time for another 'Anything Goes' challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More. This one is always mega popular and the Gallery looks fantastic with so many different projects and designs.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is A Day for Daisies and they have a $12.00 gift voucher for the winner!!


I've still been playing around with the 'colouring on kraft with pencils' idea and even though I realised that my last ATSM card was this same technique, I just couldn't help making another one:



I've been using my Altenew stamps quite a bit lately. I found them a bit intimidating to start off with as I've seen so many incredible designs with them involved. However, the stamps are too lovely to be unused so I took a deep breath and grabbed them out. This is my third Altenew card in a row!!

I cut a panel of kraft CS and randomly stamped the flowers from Altenew 'Persian Motifs' in black ink. I then took my time colouring it all in using a pink and grey colour combo with my pencils. Once I was happy I then spent ages going around the images very slowly with my white gel pen. I have a very shaky hand so its not perfect but I just love the effect.

I cut the panel so it was smaller than the card front and then decided to do the unthinkable.....die-cut the middle of it!!! I was inspired by this card created by the incredible Kathy of The Daily Marker. I don't have any Altenew die-cuts so used this 'happy' die from Whimsy Stamps to die-cut the panel. I also die-cut two more from black and dark pink CS. I glued all the 'happy's' together, added a piece of white CS behind the die-cut negative and inlaid the 'happy' in place. 

Stamping on top of colouring or stamped images isn't something I do very often as I don't want to ruin everything with a smudged stamp but I took the plunge today and stamped the sentiment (from the same 'Persian Motifs' stamp set) in black. The panel was then popped up on foam tape over the card front and clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh added for a bit of sparkle.

I have three challenges I would like to enter:

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - August 


Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge 


Uniko Studio Challenge #34 



You have until next Wednesday 17th August to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge. The rest of the Design Team have some gorgeous projects on the blog if you need any inspiration and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful card...love that incredible background and your sweet birthday greeting...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know how you could possibly get better, Shona, but I think you are! This is absolutely stunning!!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond belief. Whatever made you come up with this is a gift from the Muses. You've been producing some incredibly extraordinary cards lately and this is stellar. I need to borrow your creative genius for a while. Is that OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond belief. Whatever made you come up with this is a gift from the Muses. You've been producing some incredibly extraordinary cards lately and this is stellar. I need to borrow your creative genius for a while. Is that OK?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning my friend
    your Case ing Card from Kathy from Daily Marker is adorable
    I love this stamp too
    sad I dont have it
    lucky you to have it
    I have my mom here visit Germany from Indonesia
    less card making
    and less blogging
    but you are my teamie on ATSM also I like to visit you and tell
    wonderfull card you made
    hugs from your friend in Germany
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Lovely design, Shona.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card,teamie...and these technique I HAVE to try...love it...hugs Zeljka

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see you enjoying your Altenew stamps Shona, your kraft base design is so beautiful and the white edge around the flowers is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow the die cut from background is awesome technique, I was wandering how you did that. Perfect card! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS card! Your white outlines around the flowers really made them stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A technique I love and I adore your colour choice of pencils to use - stunning results. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge and my apologies for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete