Wednesday 17 August 2016

Paper Smooches Challenge - August (entry no. 2)

Hi everyone! A busy day on my blog today as I'm linking a few cards to challenges that I made for this weekend. I'm off to the Wellington Papercrafts Show to help my friend Lowri with her Papervine stall, so another 3 days of talking craft, craft and more craft...yippee!!

In my previous post I showed you two cards that I made using the new Kaisercraft Gel Pens. I used only the metallic ones. Lowri is selling the gel pens in her store, so thought I better make a card that showed all the other gel pens as well, so we can show people at the show what they are like. I decided to get a bit crazy with bright colour and this is what I came up with:


There are Neon, Pastel, Metallic and Glitter pens used on this and I tried to capture the shine and glitter in my photo but was a bit tricky. In real life this card is so shiny and I can't get over how much glitter is in those pens. They are so lovely to use too and would be fantastic with some colouring books.

I wanted to choose some images where there were lots of different parts to colour and thought this stamp set from Paper Smooches 'Daisies and Paisleys' would be perfect. I cut a panel of white CS and randomly stamped the images in black ink. All I had to do then was colour and I tried to use everything in my 48 gel pen pack.

Once I was happy I trimmed the panel so it was slightly smaller than my card front and popped it up on foam tape. For the sentiment I die-cut the 'friend' die (from Paper Smooches) 3x from black CS, glued them all together and then to the card. The sentiment (Paper Smooches 'Uplifters') was stamped and heat embossed in white on black CS and then adhered in place. I then glued on a few sequins from Neat and Tangled for a bit more interest.

The Paper Smooches challenge this month is 'Friendship' so thought this card  would be perfect.




I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Lets go Wild', as this colour combo is definitely not my usual style. Its pretty crazy and out there but I love how eye catching it is!




Better organise some dinner for the kiddies. Max has just finished soccer practice and now Phoebe has gone to gymnastics for an hour. Wednesdays are busy in the afternoon/evening but its the only day a week that we have two things going on. On Tuesdays Max plays Futsal from 5pm to 6pm so Phoebe and I walk over to McDonalds and use their wifi to go on Instagram and laugh at funny videos. Every other day is completely clear after school which is great for us to be able to chill out and catch up with each other. 

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design, Shona! I can get an idea of the shimmer - would love to see this irl! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background...all that glorious coloring is awesome and yoy picked the perfect way to add the sentiment and allow the background to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this card Shona! Lo fun and beautiful! Lve the colours and your colouring! Great design! Love looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty card...love all the bright and happy colours...giggle at the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun. You made your own coloring page. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete