Saturday 6 August 2016

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - August - Entry no. 2

Told you I had gone a little Altenew crazy!! I even have an idea for a third entry, so watch this space....


My first card for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge was very bold with colour and graphic. So for this entry I decided to be a bit more subtle with colours and even added some gel pen highlights:


No water colouring this time, just me and my trusty Faber Castell pencils!! I started off by stamping the smaller flowers from Altenew 'Beautiful Day' in grey ink randomly on a panel of white CS. I used a lighter pink to colour in the flowers and then added the darker pink to the middle of each one. I adhered it to the card front and then used my white gel pen to add highlights to the flowers.

Unfortunately I don't own any Altenew die-cuts so used this 'hello' die from Simon Says Stamp, die-cut it from some light pink and grey paint chips, glued them together slightly askew (to show the grey along the bottom) and adhered to the card. The sentiment (from Altenew 'Persian Motifs') was simply stamped in black on a strip of white CS and glued to the card, along with clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Fabulous Florals)


Uniko Studio Challenge # 34 

 

 Stamplorations CAS Challenge August


I'm freezing in my little craft corner so off to put my jammies on and get warm with the kiddies. Its going to be another chilly night, don't know what I would do without my electric blanket!!

Take care
Shona

 

11 comments:

  1. Shona, what awesome stamping! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also a stunning card ... ditto amy!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going Altenew crazy if you're produced gems like this beauty. So feminine, delicate and pretty. Truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep going Altenew crazy if you're produced gems like this beauty. So feminine, delicate and pretty. Truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous!Love the delicate colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these subtle gentle pinks, such a very pretty card. Thanks for linking up at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, stunning card, so sweet! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty, love the repeated stamped background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the very subtle colouring - works very well with the repeat stamped background x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another floral stunner! Love the selective colouring of the flowers, very eye catching. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge and my apologies for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete