Thursday 4 August 2016

CASology Challenge Week # 209 - Entry No. 2

I've gone a little 'penguin' crazy over the last 24 hours and don't seem to be able to stop stamping and cutting them out. They are so cute!!



After making my first entry for the CASology challenge, I still had a few penguins left over. And with the weather being so very cold and dreary at the moment, my mind was still obsessed with ice and snow:



The colour of my ice kind of reminds me of the Aurora Borealis (Northern lights). I was trying to mimic the look of ice when hit by the sun. I'm not very good with science-type stuff but have seen photos of rainbow colours reflected in the ice caused by the sun's rays. I suppose it's very much like a rainbow, where the sunlight is is refracted and dispersed by the rain. You could say that the water 'colours' the light!! 

I cut a curved piece of Craft Smith 'Holiday Foil' and adhered to the card front. I really wanted to build up banks of snow around the ice and as I didn't have the dies to do that, just cut some pieces out myself of white CS. These were all popped up on foam tape. 

The penguins and their hats (from Mama Elephant 'Arctic Penguins') were stamped on white CS, coloured with pencils, fussy cut and popped on the ice. I then stamped the sentiment in black (from My Favourite Things 'Hug in a Mug') and glued on some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

It may not pass 100% as a 'CAS' card but really felt it needed the dimension of the snow banks. And there is still a lot of white space so fingers crossed......

Better get the kids in the shower before bed. One more day and its the weekend. Supposed to be very cold tomorrow and possibly raining. I do have a gardening job but will just have to see what happens with Mother Nature. If I can't garden, I wonder what I will do with myself.....?????

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a cute card. And I totally agree with you, that coloured background does remind us of the 'northern lights'. So beautifully done! I'm a new follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing...love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous my dear...love your ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Need some of that incredibly awesome stuff...and it does look like ice. You'really so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Need some of that incredibly awesome stuff...and it does look like ice. You'really so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another clever take on the cue word. You're really making me regret never having bought those penguins... Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete