Saturday 6 August 2016

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - August

As you all know I always seem to be entering challenges at the very last minute. It can be great to push me for ideas but it can also be a bit stressful and cause me to miss getting my entry in at all. So, I've decided that if I see a challenge and have some ideas straight away, I will get the card done asap. Well, we'll see how long this lasts but I'm off to a great start!!


As soon as I saw the colours for this months Altenew Inspiration Challenge I had one idea pop into my mind, followed by another and another, so have been going Altenew crazy the past few days!

The strips of colours from the inspiration photo stuck in my mind straight away and I knew I wanted to capture that in a card. And I haven't used my Ziggies for a while either, so took one of them out for a play:


I shared a photo of this flower on my Instagram feed the other day because I wasn't sure if a grey flower would be too morbid or not. I got a big 'thumbs up' from everyone (whew!) so carried on with my design.

I found some grey, light pink and dark pink CS, cut them into differing widths to fit the card front and adhered them on. The flower and leaves (from Altenew 'Beautiful Day') was stamped and heat embossed in white on some water colour CS. I then spent quite a while using a grey Zig Clean Color Real Brush pen, a fine brush and some water. I didn't want it to be too dark, so concentrated the grey in the base of each petal/leaf and spread it from there, touching up as I went. I really enjoyed myself!!

Then came the fun of fussy cutting it all out. The leaves were adhered first and then the flower popped up on foam tape. I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in black and added some clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for a bit of sparkle. So very happy with how it turned out!!!

I have four other challenges I would like to enter:

CASology Challenge Week # 209 

 

Uniko Studio Challenge # 34 



Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Fabulous Florals)


Stamplorations CAS Challenge - August 




I have one more card to blog tonight and then I think I will snuggle up with the kids and watch a movie. Its been so cold today and we are surrounded by snow on all the hills and mountains. So beautiful to look at but no so nice to be out in. The dogs didn't mind when Phoebe and I took them for a walk this afternoon but our faces were bright pink by the time we got back home!!

Take care
Shona
 

14 comments:

  1. Shona, what a beautiful card! Your take on Altenew inspiration is elegant. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautiful! So soft and subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Shona, the colours ands whole design of this are so pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s you have linked this into the kids vacation challenge, can you please pop back and add it into the Fabulous Florals linky ;-) thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love the white flower and the colourblocked background! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home your gorgeous grey bloom has found, Shona!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sho, this is soooo beautiful!! That colour block background is a stroke of genius, and that soft grey bloom is anything but morbid. It reminds me of an expensive, delicate porcelain piece. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's beautiful Shona, love the subtle colour of the flower against the pop of the bright background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Shona! Love the softly colored flower. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet - simple yet gorgeous card...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the colour blocked card base, fabulous way to showcase the flower. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge and my apologies for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love the simple background with the great colors. Makes that beautiful flower pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! What a super classy and super elegant card Shona!! LOVE it!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL dimension on the bloom Shona!! Congrats on the Altenew win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Lovely! I really like how you made your background with the different solid papers.

    ReplyDelete