Friday 12 August 2016

Just Add Ink Challenge # 324

Happy Friday everyone and welcome to another challenge at Just Add Ink. We have a beautiful photo to inspire you this week:



I can just imagine the person taking this photo laying down in the grass, on a hot Summers day!! Such a pretty scene, just love the wood in the background and the fresh green of the grass. Its times like this I wish I had a grass die, so had to make a grassy hill instead:



Thank goodness for my tin of paint chips because I don't own any green CS at all. I used a curved-stitched die to shape the top and then cut the bottom and sides to the right size. The flowers were die-cut with white CS and also from a yellow paint chip, so I could inlay the yellow pieces and adhere at the back. I die-cut the wood veneer paper with a frame die and adhered it to the card front. The flowers were glued in place and the grass hill popped up on foam tape.

For the sentiment I die-cut the 'sunshine' from the same yellow paint chip and stamped the sentiment in black on a strip of white CS. These were glued into place and some clear sequins added as well.

The curved-stitched die, frame die and clear sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh. The flower dies are from Paper Smooches. The wood veneer paper is from Papervine. The 'sunshine' die is from Simon Says Stamp and the sentiment stamp from WPlus9 'Wishing You'. 

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday Challenge - August where their theme is to use the August birthstone 'Peridot'.



I'm also going to link this to the Paper Smooches August Challenge where their theme is 'Friendship.




You have until next Wednesday 17th August to link your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge. The rest of the Design Team have lots of other ideas for you on the blog and I can't wait to see how your inspired by this photo in the Gallery.

Take care
Shona
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Oooooh I love those gorgeous little inlaid flowers - so bright and pretty. Very resourceful of you to think of paint chips for your grassy knoll - I've never tried them but may have to stop by Bunnings for a sample or three to give it a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous Shona! I love the detailed edge to your woodgrain background and your die cut flowers and sentiment are so delicate and pretty - just love it all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really captured the essence of the photo here just beautifully Shona! Love the big block of woodgrain and the contrast to the bright detailed flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous is that wood grain , absolutely perfect for framing your sweet flowers. OMG...l can't believe you don't own any green c/stock....I think 75% of my stash is shades of green lol.
    Awesome idea to use paint chips....must remember that one..:0)
    I love your take on the inspiration Shona. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever was to get the green grass by making use of a paint chip. Beautiful work.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona your little blooms are even more beautiful against that wood veneer backdrop! Beautiful little knoll of green, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete