Thursday 4 August 2016

Time Out Challenge # 63

Happy Thursday everyone and welcome to a new challenge at TIME OUT!! We have a rather interesting challenge for you:


                           HOLIDAYS with optional twist of no stamping
                                        (stamped sentiment allowed)


Will you be able to do it?? Can you resist the urge to stamp all over your card?? Looking forward to seeing who will use the 'optional twist' and how amazing everyones cards will be!

We have a Sponsor for this challenge, Uniko Studio and they will be giving a gift voucher to the winner. Yay!!


 

We also have a Guest Designer for this challenge, my lovely friend Aileen from Colour and Sparkle. She is an absolute whizz with her colouring skills, no matter what product she uses and she's a sweetheart as well. You definitely should pop over to her blog to check out her amazing designs.

As you may know, I do love a good die-cutting session, so was quite happy to go without a bit of stamping. I definitely need more Christmas cards so that was my theme:
 

I really hope this looks like a tree, was a bit hesitant when I started putting it together but was really happy when it was all stuck to the card.

I love a non-traditional coloured Christmas card, so decided to go all pastel with some paint chips. I used the Waffle Flower 'Sentiments' dies to cut strips from the four colours. I then snipped pieces off the ends of the odd one to create this stepped triangle shape to the top. I popped them all up on foam tape with a slight gap between each one.

To create the tree stump I die cut two small strips from a brown paint chip, cut them to size and adhered them side by side slightly under the bottom strip. As I didn't have a small enough star die, I popped this gold star sequin (from Papervine) on some foam tape as a topper. I then stamped the sentiment (from Uniko 'Rustic Christmas') and glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have two weeks to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and the rest of the Design Team have created some projects on the blog to give you some ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

 
 

9 comments:

  1. You pastel-colored X was tree looks wonderful and makes a great card! Very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, it turned out beautifully! Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tree! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course it looks like a tree. And the fact that you've use non-traditional colors, makes it perfect. And, look, you have a finished Christmas card...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the coloured tree, I am all for non trad colours at Xmas, I also love how you added the dimension, a fav card of yours for me x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours you chose for the tree and the modern design of your tree - the two elements work together brilliantly to create an amazing non-traditional holiday card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and deliciously contemporary, Shona ... the colours are so soft and dreamy ... and that's just the perfect touch of gold! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever card! I love the strips of colors and even better cause they are paint chips! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, so pretty with the coloured strips for the christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete