Saturday 27 August 2016

Guest Designer for Inkspirational Challenge # 116

Hi everybody, I'm super excited today as I get to be a Guest Designer for the Inkspirational Challenge!!!





I was lucky enough to win one of their challenges  few months ago, so was very honoured to be invited to join in!! This challenge always has the most interesting challenge ideas and photos, so if you haven't tried it out already, I really encourage you to take a look!

The theme for this challenge is 'Colour - Primary Colours'. You are to use one, two or all three of the primary colours (red, blue and yellow). You can also use black, white or cream and realistic colours like skin, fur and hair. I decided to use all three of the colours and make them the star of a graphic card:

 


I used a brand new die that I grabbed at the Wellington Papercraft Show (last weekend) and cut it twice from black CS. I glued them together and then popped it up on the card front. I then grabbed my trusty box of paint chips and used the die to cut out the blue and yellow circles. I added tape to the back of the circles and pushed them into place. I then used a stitched-heart die on a red paint chip, popped it up on foam tape and added Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to make it shine.

For the sentiment I used one of the black die-cut circles that were left over and heat embossed it in white. This was put on foam tape as well. And that was that. Bold, graphic, clean...just the way I like it!!

The square die is from My Favourite Things 'Peek a Boo Squared'. The heart die is also from MFT 'Hot Cocoa Cups'. The sentiment is from Concord and 9th 'Map Love'. 

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Hip to be Square'. 




You have two weeks to link your projects to the Inkspirational challenge and their amazing design team have some projects on the blog to help you with ideas. Thanks so much to the Inkspirational team for letting me join them for this challenge and I can't wait to see all the projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

10 comments:

  1. perfectly graphic card and love how you have placed the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bold colours and shapes are simply stunning. I love how you've added dimension while keeping it clean and fuss-free. You could use this design for so many occasions and for a man, woman or child. I especially love the red heart. Thank you so much for being our wonderful Guest Designer at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, so thrilled to have you join us at INK :D
    Love how you've made a geometric look on your card. How is this by chance, I actually got the "Hot Cocoa" die set from MFT the other day. Hadn't really noticed this gorgeous heart die :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Shona and your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheering and applauding that you're out GD for this challenge, Shona, and what a fabulous bold primary colours card you've brought with you! Love the big *dots*, the clean, graphic design and the heart...oh my! Wonderfully sweet; tremendously inspiring!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the DT gig. Brilliant graphic perfection. You really nailed this one. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great, geometric card design, perfectly was and very fun! Thanks for being our gd at Ink! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your design! Congrats on your Little Tangles shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats dear Shona
    and lovely idea with blue red and yellow
    you are a clever card maker
    and I miss you alot..
    visit me if you have one minute time ok (SMILE)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete