Monday 8 August 2016

Muse Card Challenge # 177

I don't usually have problems with international mail but it would seem that a card that I sent overseas recently for a 1st birthday, hasn't arrived. So disappointed!! I decided to make another card and if they both turn up its a bonus for the cute little girl!! I wanted to make a different card (just incase she gets both) and remembered Anita's card for the Muse Challenge  this week:



Love this design so much!! Its sweet and colourful but also clean and simple at the same time. And what little girl wouldn't want a shaker card, so this is my version:
 

This was such a quick and simple card to make, which is usually not said for a shaker card. I cut a panel of white CS smaller than the card front and used a square die (which has a stitch-hole detail around the edge) to die-cut the square. The panel was put over the card front so I could stamp the butterfly in the right spot and coloured in the wings with pencils. I then glued a piece of clear acetate behind it and added lots of foam tape around the square and the back of the panel. The sentiment was stamped in black.

As I needed the shaker to come together with the butterfly in the centre of the window, I piled the sequins on top of the butterfly and then pressed the panel down on top of it. I can imagine a whole lot of these in different colours, so must tuck that idea away some where. Actually its probably safer if I write it down.....

The butterfly and sentiment stamp are from Happy Little Stampers 'Butterfly Birthday'. The square die is from Waffle Flower 'Doily Square die set'. The clear, little pink and yellow sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh. The darker pink sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

I have two other challenges I would like to enter:

Little Tangles Challenge # 71 

AAA Card Challenge # 70 


Time to get the kids in bed and read some stories. It was incredibly cold here this morning and going to be the same tomorrow morning, so need to make sure everyone has plenty of blankets and hot water bottles to keep them warm. Its supposed to be -5 degrees celcius tonight, so thank goodness I don't need to garden in the morning. Hard to pull out weeds when they are frozen solid!!!

Take care
Shona
 

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shaker, very girlie. Shame about the postal service, looks like something that was sent to me weeks ago has gone missing too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn't be delighted to receive two cards from you! Love your CASE of Anita's card, really pretty. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona love this card, beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous, Shona! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you'd do an awesome job with your interpretation and you did me proud, Shona. What a beauty and I love the gold tones mixed with the pinks.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a precious shaker. Too bad about the earlier card getting lost but she'll be thrilled with this one. Keep warm...can't imagine pulling icy weeds. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two simply gorgeous cards Shona...just love your sweet butterflies and that shaker is as fabulous as can be. I think I would much rather make cards than pull weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Shona! Can't go wrong with butterflies, shakers & birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful clean and simple shaker. I love butterflies and this card is no exception! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete