Thursday 25 June 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #164

Hello there!! This week started out beautiful and sunny but took a dramatic Wintery turn on Wednesday. Its supposed to rain from today onwards for about five days, so even if I can't garden I can always craft!!



We have this gorgeous photo as inspiration for the current TIME OUT Challenge. You could be inspired by the rainbow colours, the frills or maybe even the pinata?? Its totally up to you!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Funky Fossil Designs who are giving a voucher to the winner. And they have a New Release coming out this Saturday, so the voucher will definitely come in handy!!




I'm very lucky to be part of the Design Team for Funky Fossil Designs so for my card I used two of the new stamp sets we previewed this week, that are part of the New Release:


Isn't it funny...I've looked at this card a hundred times and it wasn't until I looked at the enlarged photo that I realised not only did the pattern get on a bit of an angle but it could have used another stamp along the right edge.....how did I not see this???!! Oh well, think I was mesmerised by the yummy rainbow colours.....

Using the smallest arch stamp from the new 'Find your Rainbow' set, I tried to emulate the rainbow frill of icing going around the cake. I used inks from Waffle Flower and a gorgeous purple from Catherine Pooler 'Grape Crush'. I stamped across the panel with each colour and then put it on some white foam on the card front.

The sentiments (from the new 'Small Print' set) were white heat embossed on black CS and popped up on foam tape, along with some jewels from Pretty Pink Posh. 




Will link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.

 

You have until Wednesday 1st July to link your projects to the TIME OUT Challenge and if your needing any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our amazing Guest Designer Sathya of Paperie Expressions have created for you. Can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
  

3 comments:

  1. great showcase of this new set-what a fun use of the stamp and a joy to see in all these bright colours. You got the sentiment just right in the black-love it. I am liking the new release and have noted in my diary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too hard on yourself. You achieved the pinata look. It looks terrific & full of happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this take on the TO Inspiration photo! Fabulous job with this happy, bright and wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete