Thursday 25 June 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - June New Release - Preview Day 3

Hi everyone!! Its so cold and dreary, sitting here typing away in my freezing craft corner, my fingers about to succumb to frost-bite....the joys of living in an old house...





I'm back today with Day 3 of previews for the Funky Fossil Designs June New Release. We've shown you 3 stamp sets so far and have another one today. Introducing 'Starfish Wishes' designed by Anastasia Venediktova:




I've seen so many starfish stamps and images lately, so this is definitely on trend. And they are so much fun to colour too with all the patterns. I really wanted to capture the feeling of water with my card and was in the mood for lots of fussy cutting:


Blue and white is such a good colour combo. It reminds me of china patterns and the white really pops against it.

I started off by blending some Distress Inks - 'Salty Ocean', 'Mermaid Lagoon', 'Peacock Feathers' and Chipped Sapphire' - over a panel of white CS. I then used Ranger White Embossing Powder to heat emboss the shell images. I think I might need another Versamark Pad because even after re-inking it still didn't get the powder to hold very well (its gets used ALOT!!). I stamped the shells on the panel the way I wanted them on the card, so took a photo before I fussy cut them all out.

Using Gina K Connect Glue I adhered all the shells on a piece of white CS as per the photo. I then put it on the card front with a piece of white foam. The sentiment (from the 'In the Meadow' stamp set) was white heat embossed on a strip of navy CS. I put it on foam tape, along with sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'll link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my third entry.


I hope this card gives you an idea on how to use this stamp set and I'm sure you could think up millions of ideas on your own too. I'll be back again tomorrow with the last preview stamp set.

Thanks so much
Shona

2 comments:

  1. I love blue & white...it always reminds me of delftware or chinese vases. This card is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Shona - love the white embossing on ombre blue background you created. Love it
    Stay safe (and thawed)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete