Tuesday 2 June 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post for June #1

Hi everyone!! Hope your all safe and well, and been able to enjoy some time crafting over the weekend. I was very excited this week to FINALLY receive my New Release parcel from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.  It took two months to arrive in my hands, so I'm very thankful the postal service didn't lose it amongst all the other millions of parcels. This means you'll be seeing lots of cards from me featuring the new stencils and chipboards, including today's design:


This card was inspired by the always amazing Jennifer McGuire!! I'm a bit behind with watching her YouTube videos and during one where she was discussing Die Cut Masking she blended a stencil over another image. I had never thought to do that before, so thought I would give it a go!!

I started by stamping the 'Full-On Floral' stamp set twice over a panel of white CS with Versamark ink. I wanted it to cover the panel so worked out how to stamp them close together without over-lapping too many flowers. I then heat embossed with Hero Arts 'White Satin Pearl' embossing powder.

Using the new 'Bold Flower Stencil' and three Distress Oxide Inks - Picked Raspberry, Mermaid Lagoon and Squeezed Lemonade (also inspired by Jennifer McGuire) I blended rainbows over the embossed flowers. Once I had finished I trimmed it down slightly and put on a piece of white foam on the card front.

For the sentiment I die-cut the 'friend' from the 'Sweet Friend Fri-Dies' from dark gray CS and twice more from white CS, gluing them together for dimension and then to the card front. I then white heat embossed the sentiment from the 'Floating' stamp set on a piece of black CS. I glued it to two more scrap pieces of white CS to give a bit of height and then to the card front, along with pearls from Studio Katia.

I can't wait to try this stenciling technique with more images and hopefully its given you a few more ideas with how to use your stencils. If your wanting to purchase any of the products I used today, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%.





I'm going to link this card to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my third entry.


Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll be back with more cards using the latest New Release products very soon.

Take care and stay safe
Shona
XX

2 comments:

  1. Oh, girl. This card looks like you. Love the stencilling over the stamped image. It really turned out well. Jennifer would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner Shona - love the detailed embossed image behind the stenciling - fabulous work!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete