Thursday 11 June 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #163

Hi everyone!! Hope your week has treated you well and your weather has been good to you. We've had a very emotional few days. Our Golden Retriever Bella has had this horrible fleshy lump on her chest since the middle of March. We emailed pictures to the vet during lockdown and he organised antibiotics and steriods to stop her itching. A few weeks later it was still there and we took her into see him. He said it looks worse than what it is and will eventually scab over and heal. More antibiotics and steriods. Weeks later I emailed more photos and spoke to him over the phone and he said it will take some time but it will be fine and more meds. I suggested surgery to remove but he said it wasn't necessary.

So since it was now three months since the first vet visit, we decided to get a second opinion. Dave took her to another vet on Monday and he immediately sedated her and took a biopsy. He called on Tuesday afternoon to say it was cancer. Yesterday we dropped her off and had to wait for a call after they did x-rays to see if the cancer had spread. At 10am they called to say it hadn't (YAY!!!) and she had a huge operation to remove the lump and a huge amount of tissue around it. I've stayed home with her today to keep an eye on her and give her lots of cuddles. Talk about yo-yo emotions but a good result. It may still come back but will deal with later if it happens.....

With all this going on I'm glad to have something happy to look forward too, like this reminder post about our current TIME OUT challenge!!



This is such a beautiful quote and being a gardener it totally pulls at my heartstrings.  You can create any sort of project with how your inspired by this quote. You might choose one word, one line or maybe just how it makes you feel. Its totally up to you!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is the always generous Stamplorations who is giving a $25 gift voucher to the winner. So lucky!!





Shery from Stamplorations is always so good to us at TIME OUT and gave us stamp sets to use for their sponsored challenges this year. For this one I chose one that matched perfectly with the 'garden' theme:

 

The images in this stamp set are really good for colouring, they have lots of different nooks and crannies and every one has something different about it.

I cut a panel of white CS and stamped leaves from the Stamplorations 'Leaves of Thanks' set around the edges using Catherine Pooler 'Grass Skirt' ink. I then set myself up with Netflix and my Faber Castell pencils and coloured away. Unfortunately I didn't have the same colour green pencil to match the ink, so used turquoise colours along with blue so they were around the same tone.
Once I had finished colouring I cut the panel down slightly and put on the card front with a piece of white foam. 

For the sentiment I found an oval die (from Studio Katia) that fit the stamp, so die-cut it from white CS and stamped it using the same green ink. I wanted it to have a slight green frame to it and since I didn't have a larger oval die, I adhered the white die-cut to some green CS and slowly fussy cut around it. Its not perfect but from far away its not too bad. I added it to the card with some foam tape and finished off with some Neat and Tangled sequins and used Wink of Stella on the words.

You have until Wednesday 17th June to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if your finding it difficult to come up with a design, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Trina of Phamtastic Design have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, you've had some dramatic days. Good to know Bella got taken care of properly. Guess you have a new vet...I know I would. Poor Bella...hope she's doing well. I can see this all inspired you to make a spectacular card. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shona, what a worrying time for you with Bella... So glad the second vet said as so pro-active.
    Live your card... It's beautiful, and colouring it would have been a welcome distraction, I am sure.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness Shona, you must have been out of your mind with worry. Poor Bella, I bet she's glad to be home with you and getting lots of TLC. So glad you got that second opinion - sometimes you have to trust your instinct don't you. Great news that the cancer hadn't spread. Eva and I are sending you and Bella lots of love and positive thoughts as she recovers.

    Your card is absolutely beautiful with its gorgeous blue and green colour palette. I love that glowing sentiment too and it's pretty appropriate given the circumstances.

    Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete