Saturday 27 June 2020

Release Day at Funky Fossil Designs!!!!

Yippee!!! Its New Release Day at Funky Fossil Designs!! The five stamp sets we've been showing off this week are finally available for purchase.





Here are the new sets again:





 Such fantastic designs and there really is something for everyone. And its a very good idea to visit the Funky Fossil Designs Blog too because there may just be a give away........

I wanted to share another card with you today using one of my favourite sets from the release. It was the one I was most worried about colouring but the images are naturally easy to navigate with depth and shading. This time I tried watercolouring and I'm in love with the outcome:


I found it easier to get a more natural, softer look for her blush, as well as the shading for her nose, eyes and neck. Will definitely be using this set alot!

I stamped the image from the 'She is Fierce' set with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on some watercolour CS. I then used Zig Real Colour Brush Markers, along with a brush and water to slowly bring her to life. Once I was happy I fussy cut her out and went around the edges with a black pen.

For the background I wanted something with wings (to link with the sentiment) and also nothing too bright to take away from her. I blended some Distress Inks 'Mermaid Lagoon' and 'Salty Ocean' making them lighter towards the bottom of the card front. I then used Verafine Onyx ink to stamp the flowers and butterflies from the 'In the Meadow' set. To finish off I stamped the sentiment on a strip of which CS and put on foam tape, along with Neat and Tangled sequins.

This will be my fifth and final entry for the current Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 

Thank you so much for joining me this week with the release previews. I really hope you love all the new sets as much as I do and if you do go shopping, I would love to see what you create. You can always tag me on Instagram at shona.chambers. I'll see you back here again soon with some more ideas from this new release.

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving all your gorgeous samples made with the new Funky Fossil stamps Shona. They were my go-to stencil people but have become my new favourite UK stamp company now! These girls look great fun to colour and I love the beautiful backgrounds you've made for them. How's Bella? Hope she's made a good recovery. Hugs to you both, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete