Wednesday 24 June 2020

Funky Fossil Design - June New Release - Preview Day 1 (second set)

Hello again!! So excited to be showing off the New Release stamps from Funky Fossil Designs. There are so many fantastic designs and lots to choose from. 





Today we are previewing two stamp sets. I've already shown off the first set 'Find your Rainbow' in my blog post HERE.  Now I'm showing you the second set 'Small Print': 





This set is going to be used ALOT I can see it now, as there are so many sentiments I don't have already and they are such a good size. I decided to get adventurous with my card and create a scene. I even did some masking:


As I've mentioned I didn't receive my stamps in time for the April release, so couldn't wait to ink them up when they arrived!!

I started by stamping the bee's and toadstools (from'Bee's Knees') with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS, colouring with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. I wanted to use the 'Find your Rainbow' set for the sky, so I stamped the sun and clouds (with Waffle Flower and SSS inks) on some Inkadinkado Masking Paper as well as the card front. I cut out the masks, put them on and blended some Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean' and 'Mermaid Lagoon'. I was a bit too rough as the masking papers folded a bit and I got some blue on the clouds and sun but its not too bad. I then did some dots in the sun with some yellow Altenew markers.

I blended Distress Ink 'Mowed Lawn' on the bottom half of the card front, creating a little hill. I glued some of the toadstools directly to the card and put the three red ones on foam tape. I also used foam tape for the bee in the sky. I stamped the sentiment from 'Small Print' and then realised it looked a bit blah. 

This is where I got very much out of my comfort-zone..... I used a brown 0.3 Copic Multi-liner to create a pebble path from the doorway. And I then used some Altenew Artist Markers to create some little tufts of grass. I'm over the moon with the final result!

Well that's the first two stamp sets...what do you think?? I'll be back again later tonight with another stamp set that's perfect for all you 'geometric loving' crafters out there!

Take care
Shona
 


2 comments:

  1. Those shrooms are so well colored. The background looks awesome...love your hand made path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly gorgeous Shona - love your masking and colouring, and the wee tufts of grass around the mushrooms are perfect. You have e very right to be chuffed with this
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete