Friday 26 June 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - June New Release - Preview Day 4

Hi everyone!! Hopefully when your reading this post I'm staying with my Mum for the weekend (I say hopefully because you never know when my brother will turn up....long story.....). I haven't stayed since before lockdown in February so will be fabulous to spend time watching some movies, do lots of talking and make some cards.



We are showing off the last of the New Release stamp sets for Funky Fossil Designs. Your going to love this one, introducing 'She is Fierce' designed by Donna Gray:





Isn't it fantastic?!!! Its another A5 set so all the images are the perfect size for a card. I really like the sketchy designs and even though I was really scared about colouring them (I don't colour human images very often) they have become my favourite.  This card is my first attempt at playing 'make-up artist':


Think I need to watch a few more make-up YouTube videos by Jeffrey Star and Tati Westbrook to get the look right but really happy with my first try.

I stamped the image on white CS using Gina K Amalgam Black ink and coloured with my Altenew Artist Markers. Also did the same with the small floral image. I fussy cut them out and glued the flower in her hair.

For a pretty background I used my Waffle Flower inks and the 'In the Meadow' stamp set. The flowers have quite long stems so I kept the ink mostly on the flower itself. I also kept putting the image in the middle to make sure it was balanced. Once I had finished I cut the panel down slightly and glued to a black CS panel for a frame effect. This was then put on the card front with a piece of black foam.

I put the girl on some foam tape and then did the same with the heat embossed sentiment (which is from the new 'Small Print' set), and finished off with some Studio Katia pearls.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my fourth entry, they will be getting sick of me.....


Right, that's it for all the stamp set previews. Tomorrow is 'Release Day' and all the sets will be available for purchase. I'll see you then with some more ideas using these amazing sets. And if you want to see more, pop over to the Funky Fossil Designs Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team created.

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Shona - loving all the flowers - a real 70's look :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. You just get better & better. This is truly fantastic. You got her skin color dead on & the rest of her looks amazing. Lovely background, as well.

    ReplyDelete