Monday 15 June 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday Post for June #2

Hi everyone!! Boy oh boy did that weekend fly on by, so many things to do like housework etc and didn't even get a chance to sit down and relax like I had intended. My garden is screaming at me to sort it out for Winter but it will have to wait in line like everything and everyone else. I'm exhausted, emotionally and physically after the past week's antics with our dog. It got me thinking about life without her and I couldn't even imagine it. This of course had me thinking about everyone else in the world who loses a pet and how heart wrenching it is. This brought about today's CAS-ual Fridays Stamps card:


I am absolutely terrible at making sympathy cards (I get so upset while doing it), so you can imagine how hard I found it to make a sympathy card for someone who has lost their 'fur-baby'. This was my 4th attempt and I couldn't bear to put a picture of a dog on it (at the moment...) and thought this black/white cat would look so sweet against a colourful background. So sorry if you actually have a black and white cat.....

I used the brand new Pawesome Stencil, using washi tape to hold it over some white CS. I blended over Distress Oxide Inks - Spiced Marmalade, Mermaid Lagoon, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Picked Raspberry - to get a rainbow effect. I wiped off the stencil, put it back over the image and then spread over some Nuvo Glimmer Paste 'Moonstone'. I took the stencil off and immediately washed it (never leave it on, even for a few minutes......) and used my heat gun to dry it.

Once it was completely dry I fussy cut it out and added it to a 4.5 x 4.5 inch square white card base on foam tape. I stamped the cat from the Little Huggables stamp set with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS and used a black and pink Altenew Artist Marker to add some details. I fussy cut him out with the Little Critters Fri-dies and put him on the heart with foam tape.

The sentiment (from the Rainbow Bridge stamp set) was white heat embossed on black CS and put on foam tape. I tried adding some sequins but nothing worked. I find when that happens its telling you they are not needed, so I listen to the card.




I hope this gives you some ideas on how to create cards for your loved ones who have lost their own pets. If your thinking of purchasing any of the products I used today, don't forget to use my special code and that's ON TOP of any sale discounts too which have already been applied!!





Thank you so much for stopping by, I really appreciate your visits and your comments always make me smile. Have an amazing week and I'll see you back here again soon with some more CFS designs!

Take care
Shona



3 comments:

  1. Oh Shona - this is fabulous card, love the hearts in the paw prints! I hear what you are saying about your dog - it's always hard when things go wrong for our furry friends!
    My B&W cat passed four years ago, and now I have my caramel boy, who is quite a character.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just seen this adorable card on Instagram and rushed over to read all about Bella... what a difficult week, but I'm so happy to read she's doing well. All those paw prints on your heart, Shona... couldn't be expressed more beautifully!
    biggest hugs...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same Shona, I have to have a stash of sympathy cards because I just can't make them when something dreadful has happened. This is such a sweet card and I love the pattern of paw prints making up the big heart.

    I hope Bella is recovering well? Sending hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete