Wednesday 24 June 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - June New Release Previews - Day 1

Hi everybody!! I'm very excited this week because we have a New Release of stamps coming out from Funky Fossil Designs  and this time I can actually take part in the previews!! My parcel containing the last release (in April) has only just arrived but luckily Sarah sent them out again along with the new stamp sets and they arrived a few days earlier, so I'm extremely happy. And your going to love them too!!


For our first preview day we actually have two stamp sets to share with you. For this blog post I'm introducing a set designed by Olga Angelloz Find Your Rainbow :




Isn't this fantastic?!! I'm obsessed with rainbows so this set has me giddy with happiness. Its a larger 6x8 inch set with so many images it will take me forever to use them all with the ideas I have.

For my card I actually didn't make a rainbow. I was immediately drawn to the raindrop with the swirls in it and it screamed at me to make a flower:




I wanted to show a flower that was being battered by the elements and was losing its petals. I thought it would go really well with the sentiment.

I started off by stamping the middle of the flower and then carefully stamped each petal using Waffle Flower and 'Soft Lilac' from Hero Arts inks. I trimmed the panel down and then backed it with some black CS to have thin lines on each side. This was popped up on black foam on the card front. I heat embossed the sentiment and put it on foam tape, along with Neat and Tangled sequins. I also added some Wink of Stella to the middle of the flower for some sparkle.

I love finding different ways to use stamps, gives you more bang for your buck!! I hope you like this card and I'll be back shortly to show off the second stamp set. Its one that will be very handy indeed. And all of the new stamp sets are available this Saturday!!

Take care
Shona




1 comment:

  1. Once again, super clever card. Rainbow flowers are always in season.

    ReplyDelete