Thursday 25 June 2020

Funky Fossil Design - June New Release - Preview Day 2

Hi everyone and welcome to Day 2 of previews for the Funky Fossil Design New Release!! All of the stamp sets will be available this Saturday and if you go to the Funky Fossil Designs Blog you can see more card designs from the rest of the Design Team.





Yesterday we shared with you two new stamp sets 'Find your Rainbow' and 'Small Print'. Today we are showing you 'Geo Bugs':




This is an A5 stamp set and the bugs all a big size, so they are perfect to be a star on a card. They are also lots of fun to colour too. And the hexagons....I love them all so much!

For my card I wanted to play with a bug and the hexagons to make my own background:


This was so much fun to do and I loved doing a rainbow pattern on the butterfly. The hexagons are also really easy to line up too.

To start with I stamped the butterfly with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS and coloured with Altenew Artist Markers, adding some subtle shade and depth. I fussy cut it out and added foam tape to the back.

On a panel of white CS I stamped the larger hexagon with Versafine Onyx ink, starting with the middle one and working out from there. I then did the smaller hexagon, and then the smaller one again inside each one. I adhered a panel of black CS to the card front (card size is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches) and then the hexagon panel on top. The butterfly was popped in the middle and the heat embossed sentiment was also put on foam tape. I finished off with some Studio Katia pearls and added Wink of Stella to the blue parts of the butterfly.

Will link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 

What are  your thoughts?? Do bugs creep you out or could you overlook that to have fun with these?? Its such a unique set and I can't wait to show you more ideas.  I'll see you back here tomorrow with another new stamp set!

Take care
Shona

1 comment:

  1. I love bugs. Except for cockroaches, they fascinate me. Sarah's done a great job with this one. Your butterfly is really gorgeous. Love your hexie background.

    ReplyDelete