Thursday 17 November 2016

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 70

Hi everybody!! I wanted to pop in with a quick reminder about our current TIME OUT Challenge.  Our theme for this challenge is:

                                                HOME SWEET HOME




You can be inspired however you like by this photo. Maybe use the colour scheme, gold detail from the wings or shape of the furniture....the choice is yours!!

I'm very excited because our Guest Designer for this challenge is my spectacular friend Hazel of Hazel's Paper Designs. She is such a talented designer, especially with her CAS creations and has a wonderful imagination. She's a real sweetheart too, so she's the complete package!!

For my card design, my eyes kept being drawn to the curvy pink seat with the white cushions, so I incorporated this into my card:
 

I used this curvy background die to cut a piece of pale pink CS and also a piece of white CS. I adhered a panel of white CS behind the pink frame so I could inlay the white pieces. This was then glued to the card front.

I stamped the bunny and her bow in black, coloured lightly with a pink pencil and fussy cut them out. The pillow was stamped on white CS and heat embossed in white as well. I fussy cut it out and popped it up on foam tape over the card front. The bow was glued to the bunnies head and then the bunny to the pillow.

The sentiments were stamped and heat embossed in gold on white CS. I cut them into strips and then decided to curve the corners to go with the curves of the background die. The 'somebunny' was put on foam tape and the other sentiment adhered straight to the card. To finish off I added pale pink and gold sequins from Neat and Tangled.

The stamps and dies are all from My Favourite Things. The background die is 'Snow Drifts Cover-up'. The bunny and sentiments are from 'Somebunny' and the pillow image from 'Cool Cat'.

I'm going to link this to the AAA Card Challenge # 77 where their theme is:



Will also add to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Thanks/Thanksgiving'.


You have one more week to link your projects to the TIME OUT  challenge and if you need any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer Hazel has created for you. Can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
  

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable Shona, love that background and sweet little bunny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very adorable. Love the wavy background and that super cute bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card, Shona! I love the sweet bunny, and your inlaid die cut curvy background is fabulous...so clever, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, Shona ... the wavy background is fabulous with that adorable little bunny! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete