Thursday 17 November 2016

Calling All Sistah's November Blog Hop

How did November 17th come round so quickly???? It will be Christmas before we know it but in the meantime there is some breast checking you need to be doing!!



Yes its time for the monthly CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Calling All Sistah's' Blog Hop  where we give you a reminder to take a few minutes and do a breast examination. Early detection can make such a difference, so its a good idea to do this each month. Here is a link to a YouTube tutorial that shows what to do if you have never done it before.

You should have arrived here from Sandi's blog where I'm sure she would have inspired you with her project. If you haven't been following the blog hop or would like the complete hop list, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog. You can also find out about the prizes with his hop too!!

For my card this month I wanted to make it eye catching so if it was sent to a friend, wherever she put it, it would catch her eye and remind her to check her breasts:


Amazing I know but I actually used some patterned paper!! Its from 'Happy Place' by Dear Lizzy - American Crafts. I adhered it to the card front and cut off any overhanging pieces. I next cut a strip of white CS and stamped the sentiment from the 'Calling All Sistah's' stamp set in a pink similar to the stripes in that area. The strip was then popped up on foam tape.

I stamped and heat embossed the flower (from 'Mon Ami') in white on some water colour CS. This was painted with my Gansai Tambi water colour paints and water brush. I die-cut it out using the 'Mon Ami Fleur Fri-dies' and put on foam tape as well. The sequins are from Neat and Tangled and I was able to use similar colours to the pink stripes in each area. And for some extra sparkle I brushed the flower with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.




If you would like to purchase any of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps products that I used today or any others, please don't forget to use my 'Girl Friday' special code to save yourself 15%!!!


 
 
Your now off to visit Sue at Foleys Friend and I just know she will have something gorgeous created for you. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you take the time today to check your breasts and maybe remind other women in your family or friends to do the same. It may save someone's life.

Take care
Shona
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Seriously in love with your watercoloring, Shona. <3 That pink MonAmi flower is gorgeous! Thank you for being a part of the Calling All Sistahs blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your MonAmi flower is absolutely gorgeous on your reminder card for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and layout of your card, it is simply elegant. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Shona! Thank you for continuing to get out the word to do self checks and get an annual mammogram, it is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simple femininity of this delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thankyou from sharing and the subtle reminder to check ourselves. X merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete