Thursday 3 November 2016

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 69

Hi everyone!! This post is a quick reminder for our current TIME OUT  challenge. Our theme for this one is a phrase:


                             'GIVE THANKS WITH A GRATEFUL HEART'


You can be inspired by the whole phrase, one word or the idea behind the words....its totally up to you!!

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Karren J of Stamping Stuff. Karren lives in New Zealand like me, so its wonderful to have someone from our little country, (and with so much talent!) joining us for this challenge!!

For my card I decided to play around with water colours and a stamp set I haven't used enough of:


I grabbed my Gansai Tambi paints and a wide paintbrush and went to town colouring the background. I used a piece of water colour CS the same size as my card front and painted with three shades of blue. The panel was die-cut in the middle using a rectangle die and the left over frame was adhered to the card front. 

The whale was stamped on some white CS and fussy cut. I die-cut another rectangle using white CS and stamped the wave using a Hero Arts 'Ombre' ink pad in Pool to Navy. The sentiment was stamped in black and I stamped the blue water splash for the whales blowhole. The rectangle was then popped up on foam tape on the card. The whale was put on foam tape as well for some dimension and I added some aqua and clear sequins for a bit of shine.

All of the stamps used are from Mama Elephant 'Whale Wishes'. The sequins and rectangle die are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Inkspirational Challenge #120 where their theme is:

 

You have one more week to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if your struggling with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer Karren J have created for you. Looking forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

  

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute and your background looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous ombré blue ocean background, Shona ... that frolicking little whale is so cute against it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...love fun sentiment with the whale! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watercolored background you created! So cool that instead of having the color and technique on the center panel it's on the frame! You know what I mean? Don't know how to explain this but I usually create a colorful panel and put it on a white card but I like this way, too! Have to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that bg is amazing! Like real water! Love this card and all the details of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, this is fantastic!!! Your water colored background is the perfect backdrop for that adorable whale! And I absolutely LOVE the giant sentiment! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blue background is spectacular! I LOVE it!!! What a great image to use with your sentiment!! Love the wave that adorable whale is riding, and the sequins are the perfect splashy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card...so much fun. That whale is amazing, great way to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, Shona! It's a fab CAS card.
    Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Sure hope you'll join us again soon :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cute. Love the play on words, and your water colored panel is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had an idea of what I wanted in looser terms that she listened to and quickly got on the same page of. Just excellent customer service all around. The receiver found the Same Day Delivery Flowers absolutely stunning and I have a new go-to flower shop!

    ReplyDelete