Wednesday 9 November 2016

Little Tangles Challenge # 74

Hi everybody! Sorry its been a little quiet in my neck of the woods of late. Trying to get my mojo back has been harder than I thought and I've been working mega hours every day in some huge gardens, so I've been choosing to go to bed instead of make cards. Although I do tend to dream about cards and think about designs while I'm gardening, so hopefully I will catch up on some crafting soon!

On Saturday night Max had his friends sleepover for his 10th birthday. It was a full-on day with them all and I managed to escape to my bedroom for an hour to do some colouring. I was colouring some new stamp images by Altenew and when I put them down to find out what the boys were up too, I realised that one of the images looked like something else when it was upside down. So that was how this  entry for the Little Tangles was born:


Please tell me these look like Xmas tree's and I'm not just going crazy???

These images are from Altenew 'Geometric Flowers' which I stamped in black ink  (on water colour CS)and immediately stamped again with Versamark ink to heat emboss with clear embossing powder. I coloured them using three shades of green from my Gansai Tambi Watercolour paints. After they were dry I fussy cut them all out.

I cut a piece of white CS the same width as the card front and using a stitched-hill die (this is a second-hand die which I don't know the company name) and popped up on foam tape. I then added foam tape to the back of each tree and put them on the card, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled. I also added some sparkle to the tree's using my new Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen and stamped one of my favourite Christmas sentiment stamps from Neat and Tangled 'Merry Little Christmas'.

I'm also going to link this to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 121 where their theme is 'Christmas Colours'.







It feels so good to have made a card but after working in the heat all day today, I'm off to bed to watch some craft videos and wonder about how Donald Trump has become President of the United States. Talk about shocked!!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Love your crisp and funky trees, as well as the story of their genesis. It does rather seem as though the world has gone crazy tonight, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great new set. I never thought to turn the stamp upside down. Will give it a try. Yes, they do remind me of Christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable trees! Hmm may have to take a closer look at this stamp set. I'm embarrassed to say I live in the USA. There are many of us in total shock also. :/ so I'll just enjoy your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning trees...so pretty and so clever Miss Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, Shona! And what clever little trees you made! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete