Saturday 12 November 2016

Honey I Shrunk the Kits - November

Hi everyone! I can't believe that two months has rolled around again and we are ready with another 'Honey I Shrunk the Kits' card post!!



Every two months myself, Sarah G, Sarah P, Hazel and Sandie take turns to send everyone an envelope full of the same craft goodies. It could be die-cuts, papers, sequins, stamped images etc. We then have to create some cards with these goodies and all post at the same time on our blogs, to see what we all came up with! Its so much fun and wonderful to do something with my friends.

This kit was prepared by our HISTK creator Hazel of Hazel's Paper Designs. She put together some gorgeous vintage-type pieces, here's a photo:



It includes:  

Stampin' Up: Jars of Love stampset and corresponding Everyday Jars framelits Beau Chateau patterned paper
Tea for Two patterned paper
Paper Smooches: Free Spirits and corresponding Free Spirits Icons
Clearly Besotted: Time for Tea; Feel Better
Other: large gold rhinestones; cork label and gold doily - my stash


Everything was so pretty and girly, and I loved the gold details so had lots of fun coming up with my cards:


For my first card I used a rectangle-stitched die from Pretty Pink Posh with the pretty blue/white floral paper and adhered to the card front. I popped the fussy cut jar on foam tape and glued the glow bugs in the jar. I coloured their bodies yellow and added some Glossy Accents. The sentiments were cut out and adhered in place, along with some blue and clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


For my second card I used the die-cut cup and tea pot. To add some decoration I stamped them with flowers from Waffle Flower 'Willy and Friends' using a soft pink ink. I used a brown pencil to add some coffee to the cup and some Glossy Accents on top to make it look like liquid. They were both popped up on foam tape. For the sentiment I cut a strip of pink from the paper provided and cut out the sentiment. The strip was glued to the card front and sentiment put on foam tape. I then added the gold faceted dots.


For my third and final card, I adhered the gold doily to the card front. I glued a piece of acetate to the back of the jar and then strips of foam tape to create a shaker. I put a pile of sequins (from Pretty Pink Posh) on top of the doily and pushed the jar down over top. I glued on the jar lid and cut out the sentiment, sticking it over the jar.

I still have some bits left over that I will save for another day. Hazel did such an amazing job putting this one together!!

Now I'm off to see what these wonderful girls have come up with:

Sarah P

Sarah G 
Hazel 
Sandie 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you can visit the girls too and see how differently we used our kits. 

Take care
Shona
 

 

9 comments:

  1. Superb cards Shona, adore your stamping on the tea pot, so delicate and jar on the Dsp such a perfect CAS combo. My fav is the gold doily and shaker, looks so luscious. Wish I could have got to using the doily but have plenty of ideas now. Amazing cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These look incredible Sho!! As usual, I can't pick a favourite! I love how you stamped the teapot with those gorgeous little pink daisies, and that shaker is totally luscious - have to agree with Sandie there too, and I also love the way you used that DSP. Such a lovely colour combo with those yellow little bugs! Thanks again SO much Sho for working your magic and creating these gorgeous cards! I will get onto our schedule for next year...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make the prettiest cards Shona, in feminine and delicate colours yet they still pop off the screen with beauty. These are all so stunning and classy I simply can't pick a favourite. Love the added flowers to the cup and teapot and gorgeous CAS use of the DSP. Your fireflies are superb and gorgeous designs throughout! I need to get my CAS on better for next time. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for all the inspiration. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfection as always, Shona! You have such a delicate touch in the way you combine patterns, colours and elements. Love the floral stamping on the tea pot and that gorgeous shaker. The pretty patterned paper adds just right touch of softness to the white space on your first card too. Lots of inspiration and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trio of gorgeousness, Shona!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are simply wonderful Shona...love all your cards but your first one my favorite, love that jar of sweet fireflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing how you were all inspired. Your card are fabulous Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so wonderful, Shona. I'm loving that tea pot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona wonderful collection of cards and like Bobby love that tea pot.

    ReplyDelete