Friday 25 November 2016

Just Add Ink Challenge # 338

Hi everybody and welcome to another Friday and new challenge at Just Add Ink!! We have a very cool inspiration photo for you this week:




You could take inspiration from the colours, the brushes or go water colour crazy.....its totally up to you!!

These are colours I would never think to put together and I loved the idea of brushstrokes on my card, so this is what I came up with:


I've always love making Christmas cards in 'non-traditional' colours and I desperately need some more to send out, so thought this could make a pretty background.

I also finally tried out some new water colour paper from Rosies Studio. It comes in a big 12/12 pad with gold and clear embossed patterns already on it. Stars and Christmas always seem to go together so I simply brushed colours from my Gansai Tambi water colour set across the paper until I was happy with the blending. 

After drying with my heat gun I cut it to size and adhered to my card front. To carry on the 'gold' theme I die-cut the 'holidays' (from Studio Calico) from gold CS and glued it in place. For the 'happy' I stamped and heat embossed a stamp from Simon Says Stamp 'Christmas' in gold, cut into shape and adhered to the card. And of course I had to add a few more gold sequins (from Pretty Pink Posh) as you can never have too much bling!!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Christmas to Die for'.



You have until next Wednesday 30th November to add your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge. And if your stuck for ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you, you won't be disappointed!! Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful and amazing take on that inspiration photo. Love that background, just magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dreamy feel to this Shona - for some reason it makes me think of summer days on beach which is of course is just perfect for summer and happy holidays! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful!!!! you could change the sentiment and have a great birthday card too. love !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Shona, looks fantastic, really is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real wow Shona. The lovely soft watercolour background is such a lovely use of the inspiration...Beautifully done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully inspired piece, Shona! I love the watercolor background that you created! the gold sentiment and star background add the right touches! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas to Die For” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so soft and pretty, Shona! What awesome paper to have the stars pre-done for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally stunning card, Shona! I love your soft waster coloured strokes and the gold stars and gorgeous sentiment are so beautifully highlighted by them. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful - the use of the 'brushstrokes' to create your background was such a great use of the sketch! Love it!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete