Wednesday 2 November 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 218

Hi everyone! We are half-way thru the week and ready for a new challenge theme at Addicted to Stamps and More! Our theme this week is:




You can create a project for any holiday, it might be Christmas, Halloween or an actual holiday on an island somewhere....its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Sami Stamps and they are giving a $12.00 gift certificate to the winner!!




I didn't get a chance to create as many Halloween cards as I wanted to this year with different things going on, so this was my chance to get all spooky:


I used my new stamp set from Create A Smile 'Creepy Cute' to stamp out five zombie pigs on some white CS. After colouring them with pencils I fussy cut them out and went round the edges with black marker pen. I wanted to try and create a background of a darkish sky and grass, so I used my mini-blending tool and many Distress Inks to get the colour I was after.

I adhered three of the pigs straight to the card front and popped the two in front up on foam tape. I also stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set in black and added some black dots. It still looked a little bare (I tried to draw some tombstones but they were a disaster!!) so I stamped a spiderweb in black from Hampton Arts. Creepy AND cute, gotta love it!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 

I will also link to the Addicted to CAS Challenge # 100 where their theme is:



You have one week to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge and if your struggling with an idea, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

 

5 comments:

  1. Those zombie pigs are too cute...Oh yea, I meant scary!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how CUTE, Shona! Beautiful coloring on your little monsters and I love how you created the background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS! We always enjoy seeing your cards in the gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Halloween card and awesome background...hugs Ċ½eljka

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun and love your spooky pigs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh they are too cute to spook, Shona!

    ReplyDelete