Wednesday 16 November 2016

Reminder: The Flower Challenge # 2

Hi everybody, sorry for this late post. Incase you hadn't heard we had a huge earthquake (in New Zealand) just after midnight Monday morning. Lots of things smashed but we and the house are fine. There have been hundreds of aftershocks which has kept us on alert. They are finally becoming less severe. Phoebe has gone back to school today but Max isn't quite ready yet. So many sleepless nights and constant fear. It will get better though!!




We are half-way through our challenge this month at The Flower Challenge where our theme is 'A Special Occasion'. It doesn't have to be a National or well-known occasion, maybe something that's special just to your family or yourself. Your project just needs to have a floral design.

For my card I just had to use some new My Favourite Things goodies I received last week. I had been saving up for them for ages so was wonderful to have them in my hands:


This was very simple to make and I just love the detail of the background stamp in black and white.

I stamped the MFT 'Bundles of Blossoms' background stamp in black ink on a piece of white CS. I cut it down to size to fit across my card front and then die-cut the MFT 'hello' from the middle of it. I marked gently with a pencil where the panel would sit on the card and then used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Peacock Feathers' to blend the background. The panel was then popped up on foam tape.

The sentiment is from MFT 'Beary Special Birthday' and simply stamped in black on a strip of white CS. This was popped up on foam tape along with some aqua and clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

You have until November 25th to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your struggling with finding ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the DT has created for you. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. Shona, I'm sorry to hear about the recent quake in New Zealand. So glad to hear that you and your family are safe. I can't imagine how frightening it must be to experience a quake like that. Thinking about you and New Zealand and sending positive thoughts as you recover. Is there anything we can do from a distance to help out? On a happier note...your card is absolutely FABULOUS!!! Love love love this layout! So fantastic! Thanks for the creative inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that you are all safe and even better that you still have a standing house. Big hugs to you and your family x ps Love your card Shona, I just made a negative space sentiment card yesterday... great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to know that you, your family, and your house are safe. Hope things calm down for you soon!
    Absolutely love your card that you made with your new goodies! The background stamp looks great with the turquoise Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy you are safe....love your card..the bl and white look just amazing with the blue peeking through!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased to know you are safe Shona! such a gorgeous CAS card, I love the B&W and pop of colour ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you are safe, I have friends in NZ and its been quite a shock for everyone. Love the black and white flowers with the die-cut and a pop of colour, this is genius, I will need to CASE it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a scare you must have had! So glad you and your family are safe...I hope it stays that way, too! I love how you placed the panel for your background stamping...the B&W floral pattern is so striking with the turquoise alphas! Gorgeous card, Shona!

    ReplyDelete