Wednesday 30 November 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 222

Hi there everybody!! Its the last day of November (eeek, haven't even started my Xmas shopping yet....) and also time for a new challenge theme at Addicted to Stamps and More!  This weeks theme used to be one of my least favourites but with a lot more practice, I now really look forward to it:







For this challenge we are looking for designs where you have done some colouring yourself. You could use pencils, water colours, Copics, pastels etc....whatever is your favourite to colour with!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is the fabulous Paper Smooches and they are giving a $25 gift voucher to the winner. How cool is that!!!!!




I've been playing around with some stamp images lately to see if I can give them a 'Xmas twist'. This is one of my favourites (and not only because it has a donut on it...but it does look delicious):


I love all that colour against the white background, really makes my little donut girl jump right off the page!! This card would be a perfect one for me to receive, I would love to get a donut for Xmas big enough to put my head thru, preferably from Dunkin Donuts....I would be in heaven........

This was super simple to put together. I stamped the donut girl image and the hat in black on some white CS, coloured with some pencils and then fussy cut. The hat was glued in place and then she was popped up on foam tape on the card front. I also added some Nuvo Drops in 'White' to her hat to give it more dimension (a bit hard to see in the photo).

To make more of a focal point, I die-cut the frame twice from white CS, glued together and then adhered to the card. And then I simply stamped the sentiment in black. Clean and simple to a 'T'!!

The donut-girl image is from Neat and Tangled 'Say Yes to Donuts', as well as the sentiment from 'Merry Little Christmas'. The frame die is from Pretty Pink Posh, as well as the hat image from 'Winter Friends'.

I'm going to link this to the CAS on Sunday Challenge # 97 where their theme is 'Christmas'.

 

You have until Wednesday 7th December to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge. And if your struggling for ideas and inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Can't wait to see you in the Gallery!!!

Take care
Shona
 
 



 

 

5 comments:

  1. Your card is just too cute, Shona.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet (literally) twist of a design, Sho! It's delicious and adorable!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. Very sweet! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, this is sooooo adorable! LOVE her santa hat, too! Great coloring, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my....Shona, this is one sweet card. I just love your adorable little girl and that Santa hat is a fabulous addition.

    ReplyDelete