Wednesday 6 August 2014

Time Out Challenge #11



Wonderfully gloomy day here today. We actually needed some rain and gives me a chance to stay inside and catch up with some cards and jobs. Over at the Time Out Challenge Blog they have a theme this week of 'Celebrations with the optional twist of Butterflies'. I wanted to have a go again with my butterfly stencil and even had my daughter Phoebe making a card at the same time!


 
I have Phoebe to thank for the colour scheme of this card. I knew I wanted to use gold (which I heat embossed the sentiment with) but wasn't' sure of the main colours. Phoebe stenciled her own butterfly first with pink and then went around the edge with yellow. Out popped this gorgeous peachy colour.

So with her approval, I used my mini blending tool to do the same colours with my distress and dye ink. I added a very bottom layer of gold cardstock (so there is just a hint around the edges) and then a similar peachy coloured patterned paper. Popped the front panel up on foam squares and tried to add some enamel dots but nothing seemed to work. I love the butterflies and it seems I'm not the only card maker in the family.......my little protege!

The sentiment is from CASual Fridays 'Shenanigans'. The stencil is from Teresa Collins 'Basically Essential' and patterned paper from Teresa Collins 'You are my Happy'.

I'm also going to link this to the challenge at Addicted to CAS #44 where their theme is:
I'm not sure if it will pass as a CAS card with the different layers of cardstock but because the front panel is so simple it may squeeze through....

Right, a card making I will go. My poor dogs are looking at me like I've told them the world is ending. No walking in a downpour today, will have to do laps of the lounge room instead!!

Take care
Shona

12 comments:

  1. Tell Phoebe I said WAY TO GO GIRL!!! Love this co-op card Shona. Absolute beauty. Simple elegance.
    - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to be crafting with your daughter! Love this CAS design with all the gold touches. The little frame of patterned paper really makes it special. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does pass as CAS Shona, and a wonderful design. Your daughter is so creative and I love you get ideas from her, this colour really is yummy. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and TIME OUT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a cute card!! really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Shona...I love those sweet butterflies and your layering is just stunning! What a sweet daughter you have and her color combination is amazing. Will you be posting her card too? I would love to see it if she does not mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. opps...forgot I had another question for you. I did not see a spot on your blog to contact you and have wanted to ask you a question, so here is my email and if you wouldn't mind contacting me. kimheggins at comcast dot net It is something fun, promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect CAS and that combination of gold and light pink is beautiful! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation in gold and pink. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that colour combo - the inking on your butterflies and embossing on your sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, the peach butterflies with bold gold sentiment looks awesome :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL, what a gorgeous design with the bold gold and those soft stenciled butterflies. Love this! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous blend of colours with the gold, Shona ... beautifully layered on those gorgeous DPs! Is Phoebe going to have you blog her card? Anita :)

    ReplyDelete