Saturday 9 August 2014

Stretch your Stamps 2 - Day 1- Online Card Class

FINALLY I've finished a card from the first day of the class. We are already up to Day 5, so have a lot of catching up to do. And the classes already have been incredible for inspiration and techniques. This is the third class I've done and I really recommend them to all.

Day 1 was about using Background Stamps and the technique I tried was using water colouring.

Firstly you stamped your background stamp with Versamark Ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I don't have a background stamp so had to repeat stamp a border stamp over and over. Time consuming but worth it. You then used whatever colours you wanted to wash across the image, using less diluted paint to highlight certain areas.

I don't have any watercolour paints so just used Distress Inks. And I also don't have watercolour cardstock (yet...) so used normal card stock and just made sure I didn't use much water. I thought it looked pretty good!

You then die-cut a word from the painted card and used it to decorate a new card.
 Once you stick the pieces on your cardfront, you can then put Glossy Accents all over the top of the word. I thought this was fantastic because it gives the word height and shine and with the white embossing it also gives a smooth and shiny finish to the card. Will certainly be trying this one again!!

I like it so much I'm going to enter it into the AAA Card Challenge #14 where their theme this week is:

Life has been very busy this week and I wish I could create another day just so I could catch up with everything. Will have to stay up late again tonight to do some more Card Class Homework and have some challenges I really don't want to miss out on. Oh well, at least the sun was shining today and the children had their friends over, so lots of laughing going on and that always makes me happy!

Take care
Shona


 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing card, I love the colours, the die cut sentiment and the matching border. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for passing on your lessons and results to us, Shona!! I'm gobsmacked by your design, finished card, AND the finished card on your new post, too, with the ombre coloring!! Your smile card really moves me, though, and that one is getting a pin!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good, class homework, Shona ... and what stunning homework it is! This is awesome, love every little bit about it ... in my book you've just been catapulted to the top of the class! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete