Sunday 31 August 2014

Simon Says Stamp - Summer Vacation Kids Challenge (third entry)

Two weeks ago it was my 41st birthday. Both Max and Phoebe were sick with a horrible virus and so was Ella (Phoebe's best friend) who had come to stay the weekend as her parents were going away. So it was a very quiet day, looking after the sick and thinking at least it wasn't as bad as last year (we had days of very large earthquakes!!!).

During the week before, Phoebe worked very hard on some birthday cards for me. She couldn't stop making them because she kept coming up with different ideas, she told me. Phoebe asked if I could please put these into the challenge at Simon Says Stamp as she was very proud of them indeed (as was I). Their theme is 'Anything Goes', so this is what she came up with:
This one carried on with the stamping on the inside saying 'the best Mum in the world'. I will keep this card forever!
 
This is actually just  a square piece of cardstock, like a birthday postcard, which I thought was such a good idea.
 
Phoebe loves to stamp, maybe she will grow up to be just like Laura Bassen!!!!!
She loves to go thru this bag of mine that has lots of die cut shapes and words that I haven't used. She isn't quite sure how to use the Cuttlebug yet but it won't be long....

I'm extremely lucky to have my children (there was a long time there where we didn't think it would be possible) and I'm grateful for them every day. So nice to have Phoebe to share my crafting passion with. Max loves karate, video-games and playing soccer. I get to share my 'getting dirty and I don't care' passion with him, so all is good!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Shona. Phoebe should be proud. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phoebe!! My mom is friends with your mom online. I like all of your cards but my favorite is the last card with the big red heart. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Phoebe sure is very creative and you must be so proud of her. Sorry I missed your. Birthday and so sorry it was not so good x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Phoebe :-) the colours and whole design of them are beautiful ! you are very talented,, like your Mum :-)

    thanks for joining in with the Simon Says Summer Vacation Kid’s Challenge on the Wednesday Challenge Blog and good luck with the prize draw :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phoebe ... you did a great job with all these cards for your Mum ... it's no surprise she is so proud of you! Shona ... Happy Belated Birthday, my friend ... now everyone's so much better, you can celebrate it again ... there's no time limit! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete