Monday 11 August 2014

Addicted to CAS Challenge #44

Been running around all morning doing all sorts of jobs, I'm pooped already and its only midday!!

I decided not to make another card last night before I went to bed but suddenly had an idea when I thought of the Addicted to CAS challenge, where their theme is:
 I wanted to try and create a card that was only using gold, no matter what form it came in but of course I also wanted it to be simple. 


I have this gorgeous gold glitter washi tape that I don't use enough of (although when I grabbed it, it would seem that someone else called Phoebe has been liking it....alot....). I painstakingly put strips of the washi across the card, trying to get them as straight as possible. I then used my brand new 'love' die and die cut 3 words out of gold cardstock and also out of the front of the card. I stacked the words and put them into the hole in the card and secured behind with some white card. 

I wanted to do it this way so the word would stand a bit proud of the washi. And also decided not to add back the die-cut pieces from inside the letters, that had washi on them as I really wanted the word to stand out. I LOVE it!!

The 'love' metal die is from Paper Smooches and the glitter washi from Papervine. Talk about a short ingredient list!!

I'm going to link this as well as my second entry into the CASology Challenge Week #107 where their theme is:



I will also add to the Mod Squad Challenge where their theme is 'Pretty Pieces - a card with paper piecing'. This is my second entry.

Off now to vacuum and do all those other horrible jobs (like clean the fridge....eewwww) when all I would rather be doing is making more cards. Or Rainbow Looms. Have made a Hamster, a pencil cover with a dangle and a kitty in the last few days. I think I do it more than Phoebe. Maybe I should get a loom just for me for my birthday........

Take care
Shona

7 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS stripes, so elegant!!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO elegant--LOVE all that glorious gold! Fabulous card! HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning Shona, I love the creative way you have used the die and added white pieces. There is another challenge at the mo that asks for washi tape, out in the last few days but I can't remember what it is. If I do, I will email you. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remembered, it is 'Just Us Girls' a Saturday challenge, you will find it on paper playful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it too, Shona ... that glittery washi tape is so gorgeous ... fabulous with the smooth gold die cut against it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those lines look straight to me! :) Beautiful, clean and graphic CAS design, Shona!
    Thanks for joining us over at CASology!

    p.s. I sure hope you survived the house keeping...I've had some rather close calls myself when immersed in such things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card Shona...I love all the gold! I would love to see your loom creations too and Phoebe's too! Enjoy your week and hope you find more time to be crafty!

    ReplyDelete