Tuesday 19 August 2014

Addicted to CAS Challenge #45 - Geometrics

I am so tired, trying to keep my eyes open so I can post my 3 cards, so must type quickly. I'm into Week 2 of sick children and was up with Max ALL NIGHT last night as he developed croup. Very scary for the both of us and we were shattered today. He is asleep now and so far so good......You would think by the age of 7yrs he would have grown out of this by now. The joy of being a prem baby born with dicky lungs.....

So, last night I was determined to make a few cards. I actually had two challenges in mind for this one. 

 Anyone that has seen my cards knows I like quite graphic shapes and triangles are my favourite. So when I saw this challenge at Addicted to CAS  I new I had to join.

I also had in mind this sketch from the CAS(E) this Sketch #88 challenge this week and realised I could combine the two.

After a lot of practicing and many, many mistakes, I finally came up with the card I wanted and to me, its triangle-loveliness!!!


Rainbow colours, triangles and lots of white space.... can't get any better than this for me!! It was pretty simple to make, just time consuming. I used three different sized triangle stamps from my Altenew 'Sohcahtoa' set, starting off with the red triangle and working clockwise with different colours. I was going to leave it one-layer with the sentiment (also from the same set) but felt it needed to be lifted off the page to give some depth. I simply love it!!

Apart from linking to both the challenges mentioned above, I'm also going to link this to the Moxie Fab Friday Challenge where the inspiration is 'Trendy Triangles'.

Right, my eyes are still open so will post my next two cards. I still can't hear any coughing so (touch wood) it will be a quiet night for us all. Fingers crossed!!

Take care
Shona

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Shona, you just know I'm going to be so happy with rainbow colours, graphic shapes and all that glorious white space ... this is stunning ... and striking! Hope you're in the throes of an undisturbed and blissful night's sleep! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triangle loveliness, indeed! Such a clever way to use them and the sketch, too!
    Hoping you and your son had a good night's sleep. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colors and beautifully CAS.... perfect for CTS #88!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you combined the challenges. the rainbow triangles make me happy! I love your bright, colorful card. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a striking, happy card. I love it! I'm always a sucker for rainbows and this is a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete