Thursday 14 August 2014

Guest Designer at Time Out Challenge #12 - CASE with your own twist

I've been counting down to this day for weeks, so excited!! I was invited by the fabulous Sandie, to be a Guest Designer on the Time Out Challenge     blog after winning a challenge a few weeks ago. This is my first ever GD so its extra special and I hope I do the Time Out Design Team proud!

The next part of this invitation was that this challenge required us to 'CASE' the card of another designer, with our own 'twist'. The card turned out to belong to my friend Anita. I've gotten to know her since I started my blog last year and she has the most incredible designs on her own blog. This is the card of her's we are being asked to 'CASE':





Isn't it stunning!!! She uses a lot of my favourite colours, so I was so glad to see this one. I wanted to use the same colour palate but my 'twist' was to change the layout slightly and sneak in a bit more white. I hope she likes it.....


I started out by stenciling with some Distress Inks to create the background. I then die cut the 'hello' three times in white and also in teal. I stuck all the white ones together and then adhered them on top of the teal but slightly upward so you could see the colour underneath. 

This was then glued to the die-cut speech bubble, popped up on some foam squares and there we have it. I even used textured white card stock as Anita uses this all the time. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I hope she is too.

The stencil is from Teresa Collins 'Basically Essential'. The 'hello' metal die is from The Crafters Workshop and the 'speech bubble' metal die is from Die-namics - My Favourite Things. 

I really hope you can join myself and the Design Team over at the Time Out Challenge blog. I can't wait to see all the different designs that come in. You have two weeks to enter, so plenty of time to come up with something amazing. 

Take care
Shona


  

10 comments:

  1. We are so pleased to have you join us Shona as we just love your fabulous cards! And this one is no exception! I love you added extra white space and your stencil work here is just perfect. The touch of teal really takes the card to another level x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super happy to have you Guest Designing with us at TIME OUT Challenges & what a FABulous and perfectly CAS CASE of the card :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness! Shona, this is soooooo fabulous ... what a fantastic card for your first GD spot! You took the CASE card and added such a perfect Shona touch ... the soft background stencilling, the layered sentiment and all that wonderful white space! LOVE it, my friend ... thank you ... I'm honoured! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Shona :) So lovely to have you at Time Out with us - you certainly did yourself and us proud with this wonderful interpretation of the Inspiration card. Love the fab design and the great layered 'hello' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Shona! You used all my favourite colours too! Love that stencilling and all that white! I can see why Anita is touched! Well done and a big congrats on your GD position! Totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! Love the clear design! Thanks for being our guest-designer with such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a brilliant card, Shona! I love the white on white sentiment and your stenciling looks amazing (I would have smudged some ink to the edges, I'm sure of it!), the whole card is super stylish. Thank you for being our guest designer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona...congrats on being the guest designer! So fun right...and your card is amazing and I love your hello on the speech bubble, just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your first (of many) guest design spots, Shona! I'm only surprised it took a challenge so long to ask you! You have done a BRILLIANT job of CASEing Anita's beautiful card. Seriously brilliant!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Shona - you are a great GD! Love the stencilled background and speech bubble. CAS and elegant!

    ReplyDelete