Thursday 21 August 2014

Reminder: Time Out Challenge #12 - CASE with your own twist

Just a quick post to remind you about the fabulous Time Out  challenge where you have the chance to CASE this amazing card by Anita and add your own twist:
 

I decided to see how else I could be inspired by this card and decided that some paper piecing was in order:





I really liked the diamond pattern in her background embossed image and don't have any diamond dies or stencils, so got out my square punch. I went thru my paper supplies and found two papers with hints of the same colouring and punched out numerous squares. I wanted the patterned paper to stand out a bit (just so it wasn't all flat), so punched some squares out of white cardstock and glued two together behind each patterned square.

I spent a bit of time gluing all the squares to the card front, trying my best to have them line up. I then die cut the 'hello' from two pieces of white cardstock and one from the turquoise paper. The white ones were glued together to give a bit of height and then I glued the turquoise 'hello' slightly up and to the right. A scattering of bling and thats my second card done!!

I love how it turned out, fingers crossed Anita and the Time Out Design Team like it too!!

The patterned paper is from Lawn Fawn 'Into the Woods' and the turquoise from Echo Park 'Everyday Eclectic'. The 'hello' metal die is from The Crafters Workshop and rhinestones from Kaisercraft.

There have already been some amazing cards entered into this challenge and there's plenty of room for more over the next week. I hope you have the chance to join in!!!

Take care
Shona 

5 comments:

  1. I love this Case of Anita's card. So cool to use the squares like this and love that you popped the centre ones up, this gives great dimension. We have loved having you join us for this challenge and your cards have been really inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you were inspired...awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, Shona - love the patterned squares! This would work well for the Addicted to CAS geometric challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the geometric pattern - FAB and wonderful take on the inspiration :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, Shona ... so deliciously graphic ... the mix of crisp diamond shapes with the scripty hello is fabulous ... and the colours ... yum.my! Thanks so much for another awesome CASE, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete