Thursday 7 August 2014

The Cutting Edge Challenge #6

Beautiful day here, with sunshine and a light breeze. You would swear it was Spring even though August is supposed to be the coldest month of the year. I even found blossom buds getting ready to bloom on my fruit trees......

The is the stunning inspiration card (by Amy Kolling) this week at The Cutting Edge Challenge. I love all the gorgeous summery, pastel colours and decided to have a play with those....


 
I die cut the heart from some grey, yellow and pink journal cards and then played with the combos. I added two strips of the grey to the card front and then popped the two hearts up on foam squares. Before I stuck them down I cut a strip of vellum and white heat-embossed the sentiment. The foam squares from the hearts held this in place. Good old summer colour fun!!

The heart metal die is from CASual Fridays. The journal cards are from We R Memory Keepers and the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp 'Tag Sayings'. 

I'm also going to link this to the Mod Squad Challenge where their theme is 'Pretty Pieces - using paper piecing'. Certainly took a lot of patience and paper piecing to get those hearts to stick together....

Now out into the sunshine I go. Can't wait to pick Phoebe up from school today. She is obsessed with anything medical (has been since she was 3yrs old when she told me she was going to be a 'fanny doctor', thank goodness she can now pronounce Gynecologist!!) and now wants to be a Midwife. 

She has always wanted a broken bone so she could have a cast. And I found last week a roll of bandage that is covered in Plaster of Paris, all you have to do it wet it (used to make sculptures etc). You can just imagine what we will be doing today after school as it arrived today.

Hopefully we will be able to get our casts off or it might be a quick trip to the emergency department to use their electric saw......wish us luck!!

Take care
Shona

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is wonderful! I love the textures especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shona....you are some mom and I might add a very cool mom at that. You have to post pictures, please. Phoebe sounds like a hoot too. I love your card, those hearts are sweet and just perfect paired with the vellum. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, Shona!! Your hearts are simply lovely...and love them mixed with gray and the gray background stripes!! Good luck with the cast...too funny...but so cool...a girl who knows what she wants:)!! Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge:):)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these die cut hearts - they look great! Good luck with the bandages - sounds like fun :) I am still on my hols but we have wifi here so I can catch up with my favourite blogs....wish I had some crafty bits with me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool and very groovy, Shona ... love the retro look of these hearts! Hope you and Phoebe are not still in plaster! Bet that was such fun ... post some pictures! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for playing in the Mod Squad challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete