Saturday 30 August 2014

Artful Crafts - August Challenge

I'm really getting in under the wire here (only ten minutes to get this posted...eeek!) but after weeks of sickness in my house I've finally had the chance to create a card for this challenge.

This is the inspiration photo for the challenge this month at Artful Crafts, the colours are so gorgeous I didn't know what ones to choose. But choose I did and came up with something my daughter Phoebe just loves.

I decided this was a chance to finally use my Pretty Pink Posh dies and filled them with the light pink and teal colours. I popped the rectangle up on some foam tape to give it some depth. I also cut three 'love' words from white and red cardstock. I cut two white to give it a bit of height and popped the red on top, with a quick whip of Wink of Stella. I then went to town with my new Neat and Tangled sequins and just love how it all came together.

The coloured papers are from Echo Park 'Sweet Girl' and the 'love' metal die from Paper Smooches.

Will also link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes', this will be my second entry.

Better run, only a few minutes to spare.....!!!

Take care
Shona

 

7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Shona, love how you have highlighted only some of the circles! (so glad to hear you & your house are well again)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh ... no wonder Phoebe loves this, Shona, it's fabulous! Love the colours, the white space is just gorgeous ... and oh my, those yummy sequins ... just splendid! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is CAS perfection! The colours are great and all those sequins just add to the gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter has very good taste! Love the choice of colours and the layout is fab. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour combo and the elements that you have used - that die and the sequins look wonderful! I'm definitely with Phoebe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too darn cute Shona! I love those colors and what a fabulous design too. I have to agree with Phoebe too, this is simply amazing and I love, love all the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Shona, a great design and I love the colour combo with gorgeous elements!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete