Monday 4 August 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #87

Well, the challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch this week is really exciting. They are teaming up with the challenge at Tag your it! #3. I've seen this challenge before but have never really made any tags (apart from some very sad ones I made at Xmas....), so never entered.

This is the sketch we are to use this week and you need to either make a tag or use one on your project. I thought why not throw caution to the wind and just make a tag!!

 This is so not my normal type of design but I love it!!! I found this cute little wooden house in the bottom of a drawer the other day but didn't know what to do with it. Finally, it has a use! I die-cut two tags and stuck them together for extra strength. I then stenciled the hearts using my mini blender and distress ink. I gold heat embossed the sentiment and popped it up on some foam squares. The house was glued straight to the tag and so were the tiny gold hearts. I even managed to find some pink/white ribbon. 

Its so cute!! Phoebe (my 9yr old) has taken ownership of it straight away, so will hang it somewhere in her room. Maybe she can look at it when she's a teenager and remember I'm sitting at home waiting for her in the wee small hours of the morning......

The tag die-cut is from Pretty Pink Posh. The stencil is from Teresa Collins 'Basically Essential' and used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. Unfortunately I have no idea where the little house came from, which is a shame. The gold hearts are from The Warehouse.

I can't wait till tomorrow morning. The new Online Class 'Stretch your Stamps 2' starts Monday (although its already Monday here in New Zealand, the class starts for me around 2am Tuesday morning). I've done two of these classes so far and they are so helpful and fun. The inspiration from the classes and the gallery is unbelievable! So you will probably see a few posts with new tricks I've picked up on. And don't worry, I won't stay up till 2am to start the class (well, maybe I won't......).

Take care
Shona

 

8 comments:

  1. Why not, indeed! It is the cutest tag, Shona, and a winner in my eyes!! Have fun with your class and finding out that you were inducted into the ATSM Wall of Fame!! Yippie! Congratulations!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute tag!! I can see why Phoebe took it away immediately. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a tag! So cute and so stinkin' sweet. Enjoy your class and I am looking forward to seeing all your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona,this is too cute! I love that your daughter wants it for her room. It's adorable and I love the hearts! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, Shona ... what a fabulous combination of elements and so perfectly sweet for Phoebe! Have fun with the class! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's awesome that you tried something new and your tag turned out to be adorable! The tiny wooden house is the perfect addition. So glad you played along with us at the Tag You're It Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling tag! Love the little wood house!

    ReplyDelete